“Brilliant food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 142 restaurants in Romford
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express Romford offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This Pizza Express in The Brewery is a fantastic open plan restaurant. You get served very quickly and the food is first class. The pizzas tasted really nice and the staff were really friendly. When you want a drink they come over very quickly and your food doesn't take a lot of time to cook, really recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
“Up market pizza hut”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went to this pizza express after going to the pictures in the brewery as it was the easter school holidays it was quite busy in the complex and we passed other restaurants/fast food places that were manic. It was still busy in here but not over-run. One of the first things I noticed after being seated was you can see all the food being prepared which I think is a good thing as you cant get "nasties" being slipped into your food!!!! Our waiter (cant remember name) young bloke was very friendly and helpful. When he realised I am vegetarian he told me he would make sure my pizza which was meant to have a sprinkling of a certain cheese on it would be left off as not suitable for me. I appreciated that as I was not aware of this :-). Our food was very tasty and filling. What I like about pizza express is if you want a pizza that is slighty different or more adventurous from the norm then this is the place for you. Also this is the only place where I have had a mint tea made with real mint leaves and not a tea bag. Would go back again when in Romford.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England, United Kingdom
“Bit Clinical environment but great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me and my wife were deciding whether to go to Pizza Express or Zizzi's in Romford's Brewery Centre and decided on Pizza Express. On entering I couldn't help get the sense that the restaurant had a very clinical atmosphere. With white walls, white tables, open plan but modern steel kitchen. It also gave off the feeling like space was saved to fit in more tables.

The service was generally good, food was nice although I don't feel like the production was cared for or how our experience was either. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant to a friend but I would recommend their food...

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Romford, United Kingdom
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've been here many times and every time the pizza are the same great quality.
Some of the staff have been there years so they must be happy working there!
Some great offers to match their pizzas.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Poor service - Decent enough food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Been here a few times and the foods always been pretty good. Service lets the place down though, no order at the door, the host, when we've been there, has always seated whoever speaks first, down to the customers to say whos next.

Last two visits the waiters have said the bare minimum, take your order, no suggestions or personality....just fast food.

My daughter had the kids meal but we werent offered a drink from the deal, way we were asked was to just pick a drink, naive i guess but little things like talking you through the menu make good service and a bigger bill.

Not offered a dessert or coffees so we left after our mains, too much time had past by this time.
The wife insisted on a tip which was ignored, no thanks, no goodbye. Said our farewells to the female host which was equally ignored, dont want any worship but you cant notice being ignored, just rude!

PE are constantly offering discount, we've learnt that you hardly save any money once they add the drinks and the food upgrades, so when two adults and a child dine at rack rate you expect decent service beacause youre paying a decent price. Not here.....maybe theyre all in bogof promo mode, slippery slope to say the least.

Wont be returning.