“Helpful staff, but rather noisy and awful breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Romford
reading
“Helpful staff, but rather noisy and awful breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Firstly the positives. It has a car park and staff were friendly, booking taxis etc. I had a tasty meal in the attached restaurant the evening before and the waitress was great. Rooms are usual Prem rooms -large, clean etc. I expected some noise through the railway etc, but the sound proofing in the rooms was really poor and I was woken by people walking and talking in the room above. So I would ask for a top floor room. Breakfast the next day, I had a cooked breakfast. It was very greasy and unpleasant. I only ordered bacon, one sausage and beans. I didn't eat the sausage because it looked a bit grim, but the waitress never said: how was your breakfast. The warm welcome I received the night before means it is a 3, but it is the least impressive Prem I have visited for a while, however the independent Romford hotel I visited last was dire, so I would probably give it another go:
staff: should ask how was everything.
sounds between floors need looking at and cooked breakfast need improving.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Parking good, pay and display but free for guests, just pick up a ticket from reception.

Warm welcome, fast check in, staff efficient and relaxed.

Room prepared to a good standard, everything where it should be.

Road noise could be a problem, Hotel is adjacent a roundabout, and the locals seem to love a drag race to the next one.

All in all, a good hotel in a convenient location.

Room Tip: Rooms over the car park have a definite advantage.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago as we needed somewhere to stay after going to a party. The location of the hotel is good as it's right in the centre of town and we also had a very friendly welcome from the receptionist. The overall hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. I did have a bit of an issue about the cooked breakfast as I personally did not think it was too good however they do offer a large selection for breakfast. I have stayed here in the past and would most likely stay again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel unless this is your only option. There is no air conditioning, and if you open the window you will hear the all of the traffic. There are probably much better options for the same price.

Overall the room was sufficient for your basic needs but personally I don't like sleeping in the heat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Romford Central, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night to attend a family party in the area. Check in was ok but very formal. We had a family room for four including breakfast for £90.00 which I found very good value. Room was usual premier inn layout. We arrived back late and there was no issue with noise. Breakfast was very good and plentiful. I would stay here again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a mess. First there is no direction for getting into the front door. After walking past the broken parking lot with pot holes ( which a women fell and almost broke her leg ) you walk in yo the most ignorant people. I commented about how the vending machine took my money and they didn't even respond. The two women acted like I wasn't there. Second the rooms are hot as hell. No air conditioning... BUT wait there is a small fan! If you want internet you have to pay 10£ then you get no service in your room... or anywhere... Need ice? Well get ready to go downstairs into the restaurant and ask for a bucket... that's right no machines. It's 2013 update your hotel! But hey watching the TV isn't bad if u can stand the hot room and no air because the volume doesn't go up high enough. Bed is horrible so bring some ibuprofen or a muscle relaxer in the morning. This place is crap and I've stayed at a hostel before....

• Stayed September 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Romford Central, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Hull Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Lovely size room everything was great. Apart from walking in a hot room. Luckily there was a fan which we put on straight away which cooled the room Down. But during our first night the fan stopped working which made the room really hot and we both struggled to sleep. When we left the hotel the next morning we told the receptionist who said she would get it sorted for us ASAP! We returned back to the hotel at 10:30 pm
Wet and tired as we had been at wembley watching the rugby. Only to fine the fan was the same one and nothing had been done with the fan so struggled to sleep again. So apart from that everything was great. And we shall be returning again soon

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Been to Premier Inn Romford Central? Share your experiences!