“Amazing food and excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 154 Restaurants in Romford
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Panna’s is an authentic Asian restaurant within The City Pavilion. Panna’s Restaurant now with it’s newly completed bar, has an atmosphere all of its own, unique in the area. This 220 seated area combines the ability to host large groups with the feeling that you are in a very private small secluded space in a romantic outside cafe environment. The stars twinkle above, the houses around and the steadily flowing fountain give a courtyard feel, and then there is the food! The wide and exotic range of dishes cooked to authentic recipes using two completely separate kitchens; one in which vegetarian food is prepared; the other; the non-vegetarian. Whatever you choose from our mouth watering menu you're sure to enjoy the exquisite flavours brought to you by Panna's. We organise live events almost every month, not to forget live music on every Thursday
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We recently visited the pannas for my wife’s Birthday along with my brother and his partner. We’ve been here before many times,But this time we went on saturday.We dint book it before we go so we had to wait for a long time but the staff at the reception asked us to wait at the lounge for long time and served the drinks there quite helpful.so please book before you go on saturday as they are very busy.

We were warmly welcomed, and seeing as this was a special occasion we were particularly well looked after, although I must say on many a visit this NEVER changed. My wife’s birthday balloon was accommodated on the table straight away and at the end of the meal we were given a dessert with complimentary candles.

My wife particularly likes going to this restaurant as it plays upbeat pop music, a change from the usual traditional Indian melodies. This helps to create a great atmosphere.

Another great feature of this restaurant is that it’s set back from the usually busy `strip’ in Romford town centre so you do tend to get a better clientele. I’ve seen many families with small children and couples enjoying the ambience of this restaurant.

Staff always offer good advice on the suitability of dishes should you want to try something new. The high quality of the food sets this restaurant apart from others in the area. I have tried many Indian restaurants and the some of the dishes taste the same, not here, you can taste all the wonderful flavours.

All in all, I find myself inclined to keep going back as it has never let us down yet.

A big thanks to Solly and staff for yet another great meal.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Nice taste. Gret ambience. Poor portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Nice food. Find the portion sizes are half of other local Indian restaurants. Food taste is technically by any better hence poor value for money. On the plus-great atmosphere, east parking and good service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“worst Indian restaurant in Romford”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

went to pannas on sunday 3rd june - we had to wait for the food - starters were ok - panneer tikka was bland - main came after a while and it was luke warm - didn't enjoy it at all - someone came over to find out how the food was and told him that it was luke warm - not interesting at all. I have been to many Indian restaurants and this was the worst. We ordered dessert which was Irish coffees and it was an insult to coffees let alone Irish. It was again the worst I have had - the management should get rid of the person who made them - best would be for them to visit other restaurants to see how they do their coffees. Worst food ever. This restaurant is an insult to catering. And expensive. My recommendation is go to macdonalds if you want an enjoyable night out.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rizwan M, Manager at Panna's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear customer this is riz restaurant manager , read your complaint and agree with you that in my team non of them well trained to make irish coffee,also when you mention food not hot no one take action on it, i must say during your visit our team was not well trained and expert to deal , i would like to request you please give me opportunity to serve you one more time in my supervision.
Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectation. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
I will be in contact with you to make our best attempt in Regaining your confidence in our restaurant
In addition , we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.
Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you.
Again we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.
Its my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in panna’s in the future.
I would like to offer you FREE bowling game when you book your table in our restaurant
Kind regards
Riz
Panna’s restaurant manager
07944993947/ 02089242225
London
“Expensive but tasty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We went as a family with small children. High chair was dirty and had to clean it myself! The service was overall good but the prices were very high for what you actually get. Although the food was good.
There was no choice for children.
Plain naan bread comes with no butter and to have butter you have to pay an extra 30pence!! I could have brought my own!
The toilets were disgusting and looked like they had not been cleaned for ages.
The atmosphere was good and the interior is very nice but still work in progress. I think you pay for the interior with your food, hence the prices.

May visit again but only on a very special occasion!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Romford, United Kingdom
“Poor Service & Staff Attitute Appauling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have been to Panna's quite a few times & have always enjoyed a lovely evening there, but last night I have to say the service was terrible. When we were seated we was offered a table right next to the Singer which we wasn't too keen on as we wanted to be able to have a chat without being drowned out by the Singer so we asked if we could possibly be seated elsewhere.
This wasn't a problem & we was seated elsewhere, the waiter then walked away & left us for at least half an hour without even an offer of a drink, a drinks Menu or a Food Menu!
Every time I tried to attract someones attention it seemed like they were paying more attention to wondering around rather than serving I eventually caught someones eye & complained that we had been left unattended with no Menu's etc.

Our order was eventually taken with still no question of would we like any drinks? We had to quickly catch the waiter before he shot off again to order our Wine of which when he brought it back was completely wrong!

When we got our main meals they all arrived together which was fine but one of the dishes we ordered was wrong, my Friend asked the waiter what the dish was as it wasn't one we ordered & he just shrugged his shoulders & said he didn't know? (I believe if you work in a Restaurant you should at least know what the dishes are!) The Manager came by & identified it as a wrong dish & the correct dish was replaced.

I couldn't fault the food as it was lovely we all enjoyed it, but as for the service it was terrible we couldn't attract a waiter's attention when we wanted them! At the end of the meal there was quite a bit left over so we asked the waiter if we could have a doggy bag, he sort of turned his nose up as he couldn't really be bothered to do it.

I was totally disatified with the service and if it had been left to me I wouldn't have left a tip but my friends said we should leave something so we left £8 coins & when we gave it to the waiter his face was of disgust the way he was looking at it was so rude I then see him walk up to the manager showing him & laughing as if to say is that it? This annoyed me even more as on seeing that I wished we hadn't bothered at all!

The attitude of some the staff was terrible & because of that & the poor service I will not be dining there again, which is a shame as the food is lovely & I certainly wouldn't recommend it to people like I used to.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Lisa, this is restaurant manager riz recently i joint this restaurant,i am agree with your complaint, when i startet staff was not train and not willing to learn it was very hard for me to make one good team , after hard work i made a very good team and get rid of, of those staff who not care about guest in our restaurant. now you wont be disappointed
Kind regards