“Fantastic food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 227 Restaurants in Rochdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited nutters on Saturday 3rd march, only for the reason that as a wedding gift we received a gift voucher.

Entrance - we was amazed by how grand the restaurant looks, beautiful gardens and entrance hall, we was greeted by a lovely polite receptionist how asked our reservation name, took our coats and took us to a table in the bar.

Bar - ultra modern & stylish, all looks brand new. There was a drinks menu on the table which the young lady told us to take a look at, we picked our drinks and someone was over straight away - very attentive. The drinks were a little over priced in the bar menu.
We were then served with 2 mini snacks each which was a lovely touch.
Then a young man came over with several menus - 1. Wine list - pages and pages of wines. This was a little overwhelming
2. Normal menu
3. Specials
There was so much to take in all in one go, for us personally that was a little overwhelming and the waiter come back very quickly to take our order - possibly a little to quick for our liking.

Food - we picked the gourmet menu & was asked if we had any allergies or dislike - neither myself or my husband are big fish eaters so we stated this.
We were seated at a table for 2 - & served with the breads and oil - which I must say we're delicious 5 different types all home made.
Next we got our soup - tomato & celery with truffle chives which arrived in a small cup with a tea spoon. Delicious again
Next to come - goats cheese & spring onion in like breadcrumbs with bread croutons, bacon lardons and chutney - WOW this was my favourite course I even ate my husbands as he didn't like this course.
Next - chicken roulade with black pudding and wrapped in Parma ham on some sort of cabbage and sauce - I think. This was not to my taste was just a little bit too rich but my husband really enjoyed this course.
Next - beef medallion with potato gratin on a bed of red cabbage with red wine sauce - this was delicious, except for they servered the beef medium - without asking us how we like our steak cooked which put me off a bit as I like mine well done. I ate the edges which were better cooked and it was amazing.
Dessert- we had the medley of desserts which was a fudge ice cream, sticky toffee pudding, cheesecake, pear cake and I can't remember the last one but this was delicious.

Overall - we had a fantastic meal here would deffinately visit again but the table we was seated at table 30 was a little crammed in the corner and there seemed lots of tables, staff are really friendly and attentive our glasses weren't empty before they are coming over and topping them up.
I didn't get the decor half ultra Modern and stylish and other half old fashioned ad quirky, it either needs to be one or the other.

The atmosphere wasn't brilliant could of done with some music some came on later but just needed to be a little louder.

Deffinately will be going again

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manchester, United Kingdom
“More pub grub than fine dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We tried the gourmet menu... the soup was lovely. but the fish course was bland. the confit duck was greasy and sickly. the beef was very overcooked. and we were given coffee as the 6th course. seems to be more focused on quantity than anything else. Unfortunately wasn't anything special.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food was amazing and the service is excellent. It is in nice grounds and the inside is very clean and slick. I would love to go back. I was also very impressed with the price it was not expensive,it was great value for money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but ruined by the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My partner and I ate here along with another couple who have been many times before and always raved about the place so we were really looking forward to our evening. As it turned out, the food was very good (we all opted for the Gourmet experience) but to be honest I have had better service in McDonalds! To begin with, as we were having pre-dinner drinks in the bar, a waiter knocked into our table and sent one of the drinks flying, emptying an entire pint of beer onto my poor friend's bag and dress. He mumbled an apology but we had to seek out another member of staff to replace the drink and wipe up the mess, not to mention apologise in an audible tone. The service at the dining table wasn't much better, with waiting staff reeling off descriptions of each course like bored actors rehearsing lines.
Sadly, in my opinion, the ambience and service is as much a part of any restaurant experience as the food so I would really hesitate to return to Nutters.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“My Absolute Favourite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Perfect Food, Perfect Service. Lovely surroundings, relaxed but faultless service & the food is amazing. The prices are so much less than would be expected for a restaurant of this quality. The taster menu is to be recommended but don't eat beforehand!!!!

I see some comment about service but I have never had anything but great service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere