“Yummy.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 228 Restaurants in Rochdale
Cuisines: Polish, Slovenian, Czech
Description: We invite everyone who loves Polish, Chech and Slovak cuisine for our delicious home-made breaded pork chop, dumplings, langosh bread, bigos (sauerkraut-and-meat stew), potato pancakes, gulash & many, many more. We're open everyday from 10am till 9pm (weekends 'till 11pm)
“Yummy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Love the place. Love the food. Kids friendly. Family friendly. Will be back every month to try new meals.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
“Really taste Polish food with fantastic service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Fantastic food. I never been disappointed. Exellent service, pleasent environment. High higiene standard what is very important.

• Visited June 2014
“Great Polish food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Very tasty big portions, traditional Polish food, excellent service and great prices!
There is also a Polish shop next door.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good Polish food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I owe this review to the owners for a very long time. I'm a regular for almost 3 months, I'm visiting the place at least 3 times per week (I’m lucky I live not far, hence frequent visits). In general I love food, and I have eaten in many restaurants (Trip advisor best rated in many UK and European cities). I also must admit that Polish cuisine was not my favourite. Since I have discovered Quickland it slightly changed, it reminds me well cooked food cooked by my grandma. I thought people cannot cook such food anymore. Last year I visited “The Karczma”, Polish restaurant in Birmingham (18th place on Trip advisor for 1500 food places in whole Birmingham, fantastic result in terms of TripAdvisor ). If I compare these two restaurants, food quality is very similar, and Quickland even slightly better. I appreciate this place as I love good quality sauces (Polish cuisine in big proportion is based on stews, sauces, goulashes, roasts very often served with different form of potatoes, buckwheat, bread etc). It is so hard these days to get good hearty rich meaty sauces, slow cooked, made purely from vegetables meat/bones, and not enhanced by any oxo cubes or gravy granules, stock cubes etc (at least you cannot taste it). After eating there for so long I did not come across a dish which was not tasty (Ok I’m only getting bored with salads, maybe only because I have them every time). What is good about the restaurant that value for money is extremely good. There are not many places where you can enjoy such quality of food for such a little price.

I’m sure sooner or later restaurant will invest in good quality coffee machine. ( Personally I don’t drink coffee, but I’m just informing the ones, who like to have a good espresso after their meal) Quickland have capsules type coffe machine; personally I’m not the biggest fan of such type.

Crepes with quark cheese nice option for dessert, or cheesecake with poppy seeds (my favourite, but it is not always available)….

I’m aiming this review to encourage non-Eastern European foodies. You should try it, and I think you will not regret it.

Feel free to ask me for some tips, if you are contemplating to go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“look similar like european restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I felt the same, like at restaurant in the Slovakian, food is definitely europe from fresh goods, drink is perfect, special beer. I like europen cakes and food so this is my cup of tea. Really I can recoment this restaurant if you like or want to try europen food.