“Great pub grub” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 223 Restaurants in Rochdale
Cuisines: English, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Warm Welcome awaits you, with seating in our Restaurant or by one of our open fires in the Bar area,Mouthwatering starters, Salads,Pastas,Burgers,a selection of home cooked mains to suit everyone's tastes.
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Great pub grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the exterior of this place put you off. Found it on trip advisor and coming from outside the area wouldn't normally have given this place a second glance. Thank you trip advisor! Three of us ate here, one had the lamb Henry which completely lived up to the reviews, one the chicken parmigiana and one Cajun chicken salad. The portions were huge and the quality excellent - would not hesitate to recommend. Would definitely come back if we visited the area again

Visited May 2013

“You'll not regret it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Pulled in whilst driving passed this place, so glad we did!!!
I am terrible a choosing a place to eat but got it bang on this time. Myself, wife and two children decided to eat on a Sunday afternoon. We ordered from the not so usual pub fayre ( refreshing change to the norm) Both myself and the wife had the lamb Henry) which came with awesome crispy chips and fresh veg ( not the usual bonk that gets served up at pubs) I could not fault one bit. Slow cooked till it fell of the bone and more than a plate full! The landlord was very accommodating for my very fussy 5 year old! Serving the food just how he likes it. To our amazement he ate it all!! All in all one of the best pub food experiences I've had and I am not over doing it! Was very quiet when we arrived but soon got very busy. My only gripe is that it is not local to us otherwise we would be there every week. Well done the Albion inn. Please visit it is well worth it and when you do see if you can get the lamb receipe from them, it's amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Nice comfortable pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Went on a family meal and really enjoyed the night. Staff were very pleasant and friendly and made us feel very welcome. Food was homemade and very generous portions. The shoulder of lamb was absolutely superb we would definitely order it again. Lovely welcoming fire ( really nice on a cool night) would visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Still coming here!

Amazing food, amazing service and an amazing atmosphere!

I have to say, I am not family, but it is quality! I have ate here many times, and not once encountered a problem.

I come here regularly with my girlfriend, I bring my son. I have never had a reason to complain or not come back!

A massive thank you to all the staff for making us feel so welcome!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“lovely cosy pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I can assure jenna from royton we r not family or friends of the landlord and land lady so my review is honest ! The albion is a lovely warm cosy pub with nice friendly staff and owners. You can either eat in the pub it self or in a nice bistro style side of the pub same menu it is nice to have the choice. We have been about 4 times to eat and the food is very good my husband has a large appitite and the mixed grill filled him also he said all the meat was good quality and cooked just as he'd asked. We have recommended the pub to our family and friends and so far all who have been have been more than happy.

• Visited January 2013