“good for an airport stopover” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Bristol Airport

You added Holiday Inn Bristol Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A38 Bridgewater Rd, Cowslip Green, Redhill BS40 5RB, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Redhill
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“good for an airport stopover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Friendly staff and a 24 hour check in is available which was great as we arrived at 2am. Room are OK - clean but a little shabby, and parking seems a bit haphazard. We found a space but it was all quite random and I'm not sure what would have happened if no spaces were available as there appered to be no booking control.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation requirements and that you found us ideal for your needs.

I was particularly pleased to note that you have highlighted our staff as a beneficial aspect of your stay. We pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service and I am glad that we were able to offer you this during your visit. I have passed your comments on to the team to galvanize them to continue their good work. I was also happy that you were able to take advantage of our 24hour reception desk, please be advised that we also offer a 24 hour bar and lounge area for our guests to relax whenever they arrive during the night or day.

It did however, come as a displeasure to me that you experienced a problem with the parking. Please be rest assured that we carefully monitor the number of spaces we have available to ensure that we can cater for all of our guests. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss these comments with you in further detail so that I can ascertain how the issue occurred. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you could contact me on deputy@hibristolairport.co.uk at your earliest convenience.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments regarding our staff and 24 hour check-in. I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Channel Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here in an executive room for one night on a stopover for Bristol Airport. We found the room pleasant and comfortable, the staff extremely helpful, shuttle service efficient and good value. The only thing which slightly let the place down was the breakfast, which could have been better (it was however perfectly edible). Restaurant staff helpful and friendly though. All in all, a pleasant stay and we would recommend to anyone wanting a comfortable hotel close to Bristol Airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs and that you enjoyed your visit.

I was particularly pleased to note that you felt it necessary to highlight our staff as a positive feature of our hotel. We pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service and the fact that you have highlighted this in your review pleases me a great deal. I was also glad that you were able to take advantage of our executive room and it met all of your needs and you found it comfortable, also that you found the shuttle service efficient and good value for money.

However, I was disappointed that you were not completely impressed with the breakfast offering. Please be rest assured that we will be reviewing this to ensure that the best quality and service is provided to all of our guests.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. They have been passed on to act as a motivator for the whole team to continue their good work.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Holiday Inn is particularly well situated for those travelling from Bristol Airport from South West England and Wales. Guest service was polite and helpful. There is holiday parking at the hotel and an excellent shuttle to the airport, three miles away. However, the restaurant is only just all right. The offered fare was expensive for what it was, and a little unadventurous.

Bring your pillows. I certainly will the next time I fly from Bristol. The hotel's own supply was labelled 'soft', but ' old and lumpy' would be more appropriate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs and that you were able to take advantage of our parking and shuttle service. However, I was displeased that you were not completely satisfied with our restaurant and also the pillows in your room.

With regards to your comments about our restaurant, please be rest assured that we are launching our new menu in the next couple of days which has a more varied selection and new pricing. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss these comments with you in further detail so that we can further enhance our offering to our guests. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you would contact me on deputy@hibristolairport.co.uk at you earliest convenience.

With relation to your comments regarding the pillows in your room, I agree that this is totally unacceptable. We provide a variety of pillow options to our guests and the fact that the pillows that you had were not to the high level that we usually offer comes as a great surprise to me. I would also like to discuss this with you, so that I can rectify for our future guests.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of our parking and shuttle service. With regards to the issues that you experienced please accept my sincere apologies. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Gorham, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Quitely situated south of the airport with fantastic staff who really cannot do enough to make sure you have an enjoyable stay (a key asset that is hard to find). The room was well kept and clean (few stains on the carpet but nothing major) all you need for a short stopover for the airport. The free cookies on arrival went great with a cup of tea. Overall a very pleasant stay & definately recommend & stay again when im back in the UK!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review following your recent stay with us. I was glad that you decided to visit us and that you found us to be a fantastic hotel.

I was pleased that you were able to take advantage of our location. Situated in the idyllic Mendip hills just 3 miles from Bristol Airport, we are in the ideal location for guests enjoying the beautiful British countryside or flying from the airport. I was also very glad to note that you found our staff to be fantastic, I have passed on these comments to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. I was also happy to note that you enjoyed our complimentary chocolate chip cookies on arrival.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another fantastic stay.

Camborne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over night as we were flying from Bristol. Upon arrival the car park was packed solid. A bigger car park would be better. The hotel was clean and the reception desk were helpful. We had an evening meal which took an hour for 2 mains and we had to wait a further 15 mins as my husbands order had been dropped on the floor so he had to order something else. They were full of apologies and I got them to knock it off the bill but in return they charged us for the free child's menu. There was a good selection for breakfast but it was all over cooked and cold. We had a supposed executive room which was a double bed and a double sofa bed, can't see how it was any different to a normal room at another well known hotel. The room was terribly warm and as we were above the kitchen it stank. There were no windows and the aircon didn't seem to work. The tv worked but you couldn't change channels. It met our needs but I am glad we were only their one night.

• Stayed May 2013
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was glad that you chose us for your accommodation needs and that you found our location ideal. However, it did come as a disappointment that you experienced problems during your visit. Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

With regards to the car park being close to capacity, I can fully understand how this could have been an issue for you, however we do monitor the number of spaces that we sell on parking packages and the forecasted number of arrivals that will require parking very carefully to ensure that we can provide all of our guests with their parking requirements. Please accept my sincere apologies if this hindered your stay in any way.

With relation to the service that you experienced in our restaurant at dinner time and the quality of food during breakfast, I agree that this is totally unacceptable. Please be rest assured that this is not our usual high standards and plans are afoot to ensure that situations such as these do not occur again. With that being said, I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your review in more detail so that I can fully investigate the issues with your evening meal and your experience at breakfast time as well as the maintenance issues that you have highlighted. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you would please contact me directly on my email deputy@hibristolairport.co.uk or call me on 01934 861123 at your earliest convenience.

I was glad to note that you found our staff very helpful and the hotel very clean. I have passed these comments on to all of the staff to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues experienced during your stay. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

MSP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived late in the evening before our early morning departure, we were told there had been a "computer malfunction" and that there were no rooms there for us, but they would take us back into the city center of Bristol where we had stayed the night before! When we refused, they found us a room, which was grim. I didn't want to walk barefoot on the carpet it was so gross. The only reason to stay here is because of the proximity of the airport.

Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear windblown10,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room conditions, and a system issue prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stay regularly here on business, I'm always very impressed with the staff, and the foods always tasty!
Fab night's sleep, clean and tidy room, I always feel welcome - I'll be back again soon I'm sure!

• Stayed May 2013
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review following your most recent stay with us. I was pleased that you decided to visit with us again and that we once again met your expectations.

I have passed on your comments to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their great work. I have noted that you stay with us regularly on business; I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your company’s accommodation requirements in further detail. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you would contact me on deputy@hibristolairport.co.uk at your earliest convenience if this would be of interest to you.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments regarding our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Airport? Share your experiences!