“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Bristol Airport

You added Holiday Inn Bristol Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A38 Bridgewater Rd, Cowslip Green, Redhill BS40 5RB, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Redhill
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stopped for 1 night on february 11th and used the hotel shuttle bus to take us to the airport, our accomodation was good, the food was reasonable and the shuttle good. We returned for our car on the 6th march and we were collected at the airport by the hotel mini bus, the driver was very helpfull putting our luggage in the bus and removing it for us. We will be using this hote/shuttle bus again, it was much better to be able to leave our car at the hotel and take the car key with us, the parking charges we felt were reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you chose to visit the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport and enjoyed a good stay with us.

I was glad to note that you were able to take advantage of our parking and shuttle service and found our drivers to be very helpful. I was also glad to read that you found our rooms and food good and reasonable. All of these comments will be passed onto our staff to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Gavin Ethridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Duillier, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very good hotel, nice spacious rooms, but single beds pushed together not as good as a double!

BIG TIP - at the Bristol Airport there is not shuttle waiting for you. Next to the WH Smiths is the airport information desk, and on the wall by that desk is a telephone (free) to call the hotel and they send their bus to come and get you. Better than a £9 taxi from outside.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed a very good visit.

Thank you very much for your kind comments stating that you found our hotel to be very good with nice and spacious rooms. I have forwarded your comments to all the staff to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

With regards to the shuttle service, I was glad you were able to take advantage of this feature of our hotel. You are correct, for collections from the airport the shuttle is on demand and the free phone at the airport is a great way to request our shuttle. Alternatively, guests can contact us directly at the hotel on 01934 861123 to request the shuttle service.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport again in the near future.

Truro,cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I arrived quite late and was tired having been on the road some time. The staff at the desk were courteous but not outstanding. I asked about parking which is £5 a night plus £3.50 each way for transfers to the airport. The transport runs every half hour. I decided to book on line with my own 3G but this did not work. The room charges £1.50 for WIFI for an hour. I think having spent around £90 this is unncessary especially in a business hotel. Also I had 3G and this seems to be blocked. the staff did not know the cost of parking at Bristol airport which I would have thought a basic bit of knowledge as I imagine many people want to know especially if you can't use your ipad. I had a meal quite late which was good, fish dish.I would think it was cooked to order. Room comfortable and warm. Bath in room which I like although did not use on this occasion. I was in a rush for breakfast in the morning which was in with my room rate. It was quite slow even when I just wanted tea. There was no soya milk and when I asked for lemon instead it didn't come and I drank the tea black. All in all it was fine but for the rate should be better. They have a captive trade as it is 2.2 miles from the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It came as a great pleasure to me that you decided to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport and that you enjoyed the majority of the aspects of your stay.

I was glad to note that you found our reception staff courteous, your room comfortable and warm, and that you enjoyed your meal with us in the restaurant. I would, however, like to apologise for the slow service at breakfast – I will be discussing your comments with the F&B team. Please also be advised that we were one of the first Holiday Inn’s to offer all of our guests 30 minutes free wi-fi.

With regards to the rate, please be advised that there are a number of different rates available to our guests that offer different features. For example, if you book on our advanced purchase rate, which needs to be booked 5 to 21 days in advance, then you will be able to take advantage of a lower rate.

Once again, many thanks for your comments regarding our hotel, I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another comfortable stay.

Aberdare, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at the airport hotel as had an early flight. The overall experience was average as the hotel is average. We ate food in the lounge area but it was spoilt somewhat as there was also a cold draught coming from somewhere. Requested additional pillow and this was supllied with no problem. Breakfast was adequate although the service was a little slow and when my wife requested a pot of tea she was still waiting for it when we had finished. The choice is a little limited for the price paid. Staff were not proactive in clearing away used crockery etc.

Room Tip: Room at the back as main A38 runs parallel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review online of our hotel. I was pleased that you chose to visit the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport and that you had a comfortable stay.

Many thanks for your constructive comments regarding our restaurant, they have been noted and will be taken on board.

With that being said I was glad to note that your pillow request was dealt with quickly and efficiently. I have passed this on to the housekeeping team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport again in the near future.

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for the first time last week - arrived around 7:00 pm and were greeted efficiently and courteously by the reception staff. My room was on the 3rd floor, along a corridor reserved for air crew, with signs requesting to keep noise to a minimum - perfect! The room itself was small (a twin room) with two arm chairs that you couldn't sit in as they were jammed against the side of one of the beds and there was no space to move them in to! However the room and furnishings were clean, modern, and tastefully presented. The bed was comfy enough, though I lost the duvet in the night! The room was a little stuffy, so awoke with a slightly fuzzy head (nothing to do with booze, I don't drink!). I asked for an 05:00 wake up call, and rather than telephone me (as I was on the air crew corridor) the night porter gently knocked the door at the allotted time - very classy and appreciated. The bathroom was clean and bright, however little in the way of toiletries were provided - would have preferred a small bar of soap rather than a squirt of cheap body wash!
The evening meal in the restaurant was very nice, a tasty leek and potato soup for starters followed by grilled fish of the day (plaice). Hot and delicious and served by cheerful, friendly staff. Breakfast was a continental buffet, basic but fine - we were leaving the hotel at 05:30 am, so no chance to try the traditional cooked breakfast. Overall, the perfect choice for an early flight out of Bristol Airport - it's only 5 minutes to the terminal, yet I didn't hear any noise at all during my stay, either from the airport or the main road outside! I will definitely stay again when flying out of Bristol.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 'air crew' corridor, for a peaceful night!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review of our hotel. I was glad that you chose to visit us at the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport and that you enjoyed a great stay.

Set in the idyllic Mendip hills just a short drive from the airport, we feel that we are situated in the ideal location for airport travellers and holidaying guests alike. With noise reducing windows a feature of our hotel, this enables us to provide a great uninterrupted night’s sleep and I was happy to note that you highlighted this area for particular praise within your review.

It also came as a great pleasure to me that you enjoyed the food quality and service in the restaurant and that you found our fish of the day delicious. I was also happy to note that you have praised our staff for their customer service, an area which we pride ourselves on at the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have passed on all of your lovely comments to the staff to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport again in the near future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had an un-scheduled stop at this hotel when an airline, that wil remain nameless (they're Orange!) decided that half-way to our destination that they would turn around and return to Bristol....not a great start to my Christmas holidays!

The people on the flight that required a bed for a couple of nights were given lodgings at this Holiday Inn - I must say that a bad start to my christmas seemed like it was going to get worse, however this hotel was great and actually turned a massive catastrophe into a great 'un-planned' short break!

The staff were amazing, they fed and watered us, and even managed to deliver a christmas dinner for 80+ people that they didnt know were coming - I still cannot fathom how they managed to source enough xmas dinner at such short notice - but they did, and it was very tasty!

All in all a really bad start to my christmas ended up being pretty fun (albeit not with my family due to the 'un-named' airline') and I cannot praise the staff and management enough for how well they looked after all us stranded passengers!

I must say, next time I fly from bristol I will definitly consinder staying at this Holiday Inn again and experience the great service and atmosphere under less stressful circumstances!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. Despite the unfortunate circumstance of your visit I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you and exceed your initial expectations.

I must also thank you for all of your lovely comments regarding our hotel. It came as a great pleasure to me that you highlighted our staff and general services for praise in your review. All of your comments have been passed onto the whole team, so that they continue to provide all of our guests with exemplary customer service. It is feedback such as yours that acts as a motivator for them to continuously meet and exceed the high expectations that we set ourselves.

Once again, many thanks for your review and kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport for a ‘planned’ visit in the near future.

Lymm, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice friendly service, close to the airport of course, bar is reasonably priced but bar snacks a tad on the expensive side. rooma are clean and comfy and very quiet. Only one bkack spot which annoys me, Internet charges but free for 1/2 hour in the lobby.

Room Tip: the hotel does not suffer from airport or road noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was glad that you decided to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport and that you enjoyed your stay.

I was glad to note that you found our service nice and friendly, rooms clean and comfortable, and that you were able to take advantage of our competitively priced bar. I have passed on all of your comments to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

It did, however, sadden me that you were annoyed by our internet tarriff. I can confirm that we were one of the first Holiday Inn’s to offer 30 minutes complimentary WiFi, and our prices thereafter are very competitive. Please accept my apologies if this hindered your stay in any way.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport again in the near future.

Gavin Ethridge

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Airport? Share your experiences!