“Very good pizzas on a Tuesday night” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Newark, United Kingdom
“Very good pizzas on a Tuesday night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Just came back from the Brown's and very enthousiastic about it ! The pizza are very well garnished and the service spot on ! Nothing to complaint about so just go and enjoy a good time there !

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
browns-newark, Owner at Brown's Cafe Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed our fresh made pizzas. Don't forget you can take them away as well!

66% Recommend
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Fab staff, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love Browns. I live on Fernwood and it is a real treat to have somewhere so lovely on our doorstep, we should be really proud of it! The pizzas are lovely (two for one on a Tuesday night!) and I often go in with my friend for a drink, or take the kids in early afternoon for a family treat - they are always welcomed and the staff couldn't be lovelier. I have had a problem with my wine once when it was corked and I was immediately given a fresh glass with no quarms. I find the service fast and friendly, couldn't be better!
I will be recommending that all my friends and neighbours write reviews as we need to support our local businesses.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for the comments and we hope that you have many more enjoyable meals with us.
Newark, United Kingdom
“new years eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

what a fantastic night the food was superb,and the atmosphere was amazing i will go back for sure. the staff were very helpfull all night the sevice was excellent i will go back hopefully many times

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the feedback. It was certainly a good night and there will be more to come as the New Year unfolds.
Nottingham
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit to Browns, it was my daughters birthday and we wanted to go somewhere local and not heaving with Christmas parties, and just enjoy a good meal. I was not disappointed, the food was excellent, the atmosphere and quality of service was good. The only slight complaint was that I felt the drinks were expensive. My daughter was so impressed she went for lunch the next day. I shall return.

We are pleased that you had such a good experience and thank you for the feedback as we take customer care very seriously.
“Brunch on Sunday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was our second visit this time with kids. Havings had lunch here a while ago we thought we would try the all day breakfast. Lunch portions were huge (club sandwich). All day breakfast was fine. The restaurant is attractive with much detail and its obvious that somebody is trying hard. However, there appears to be a lack of customer focus. By this I mean that nobody bats an eyelid when you arrive. You have to go to the bar where there is a sense of indifference. The service is over slow.......today there was only one other party in. Cant imagine how they would cope with a busy period. Theres nothign worse too than sitting waiting for somebody to come over when youve finished and just want the bill. On both occesions Ive had to walk up to the bar and ask to pay. We eat out a lot and its obvious that somebody who has a stake in the customer experience needs to be there at front of house and watch over the whole process. This individual is clearly 'absent' from proceedings. This could be a great venue but is in danger of losing repeat visits by way of a lack of attention to very basic customer needs. (Get sauce in a bottle not sachet too). Please try harder, we want you to succeed.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
browns-newark, Owner at Brown's Cafe Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thanks for the really positive comments on the quality of our food and the venue itself. We work continually to improve customers service and will continue to do so.