“Hectic but ok” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 79 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: The Coach & Four provides the very best in food and drink, in a stylish and comfortable environment – making it an ideal location for a wide range of occasions. Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary or christening, our new orangery and private dining areas provide the perfect setting. We also have a upstairs function room with a bar with a capacity for 100 people.
London
“Hectic but ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We ate on Saturday evening. Staff were helpfull but very stressed. The manager did his best. Steaks and fish were excellent. The starters a bit disappointing. All in all a good evening.

Visited July 2014
wilmslowlodgemanager, General Manager at The New Coach & Four Wilmslow Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hi Graham S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Coach And Four. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal here with us. Apologies for the staff seeming 'stressed' unfortunately we were under a lot of pressure on the evening that you dined with us. I'm glad we were able to resolve these issues on the evening and you and your fellow diners left happy.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service and terrible attitude from the "manager"!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I visit the coach and four regularly and am normally a fan of the roast dinners. However I visited this evening with my friend, and after seeing the food coming out of the kitchen we decided to order a starter to nibble on with our wine.

It was 8.30 and I was told they had stopped serving food as they were short on chefs. I pointed out that the board outside states that they serve food all day, and that I had just seen food coming out of the kitchen. The girl behind the bar was incredibly abrupt and dismissive. I was a bit taken aback, and said she should probably remove the board from outside so other customers do not have the same issue. She thanked me, sarcastically however.

She then returned to our table and said "we can do you the starter, but that's it". I was, once again, taken aback by her attitude. So I ordered the starter, and my friend tried to order some chips, to which she was told no. I find it incredibly bad service that they would allow me a starter, but not my companion some chips. We were forced to share my starter, even though a portion of chips is hardly the most taxing dish to prepare.

The manager (or so he claimed) walked past and I called him over to let him know what had happened. He clearly wasn't listening or interested and proceeded to stroke the dog at the next table. My friend pointed out that he shouldn't be doing that whilst handling food (he was wearing chef clothing), to which he replied "oh drop the attitude" and stormed off. How rich! I have never been more disgusted with someone supposedly in a managerial role. I am appalled that the staff would speak to a paying customer in such a way, and my group of friends and I are definitely in no hurry to return!

Manchester
“Lovely experience here :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I took my partner and two children for Father's Day! The food was great and a lot to choose from...childrens menus was fab as my daughter is a fussy eater ,she enjoyed the food to :-) I would highly recommend it! atmosphere was nice, the service was great didn't have to wait very long for the food which can be a nightmare with two children...overall it was brill!!! We all enjoyed it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Kerryann 1990,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Coach And Four. Fathers day here was a busy service for us so its great to hear such positive feedback. We pride ourselves on being flexible where the childrens menu is concerned as we understand how particular some children can be.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon,

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice peaceful lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I wanted a quick lunch whilst in Wilmslow, I did have a look at a nearby cake shop which was ridiculously busy so I aimlessly wondered around looking for somewhere to eat... Upon entering I was greeted by a waiter who shown me to a table, which was right in the middle of the conservatory, so I asked to choose my own seat in the corner. I chose one of the gourmet sandwiches, served with hand cut chips (I had the cajun chicken). Unfortunately I didn't stay for dessert but I most definitely would re-visit this establishment. I'm not sure if they have recently undergone a refurbishment but I have to say the interior decor is really quite nice, the toilet facilities are also excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Lewis M,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here at The Coach And Four. We have undergone a refurbishment fairly recently (August last year). I'm glad you enjoyed your sandwich, Cajun chicken is my favourite too! We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Thanks again

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had a lovely meal with excellent service from Hannah. Being Hydes the beers are good and are excellent value. The food is excellent with an extensive and varied menu. We will be back for sure and I don't think you will be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
wilmslowlodgemanager, General Manager at The New Coach & Four Wilmslow Lodge, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hi Antonny1942,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Hannah is a new member to our team and is settling in very well, I'm sure she'll be pleased to hear your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon,