“Tasty Pub Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Tasty Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited on a Friday night with my boyfriend. We booked a table but as it turned out this wasn't necessary as it was very quiet. The starters and mains came quickly and the service was efficient. The food was well cooked, tasty and the portions were generous. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed and I would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I went in on a Friday night for dinner with a large group of friends. We were pleased with the menu choices and the service received. I had the beef slow cooked rib which was delicious and a very large portion! Everyone enjoyed the food, there was one complaint that the sea bass special portion wasn't big enough as it was very small but other than that a great meal. The atmosphere is nice, the restaurant has lots of sections so if you want a quiet meal for two you can feel quite private and if you want a less secluded setting you can sit nearer the bar.

Visited April 2013
Cheshire
“Service leaves alot to be desired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Called into the Bulls Head for tea. Once we'd decided what we wanted, I went to the bar to order.
Sadly it seems I forgot I was wearing my cloak of invisibility, as the two staff behind the bar managed to blank me totally. They also managed to go and clear glasses and discuss pubs in Didsbury rather than serve me.
Thankfully, after 10-15 minutes, a third member of staff then appeared. Even while I was complaining about the woman who was ignoring me (who was stood right infront of me at this point) she still managed to not look at me.
Its a shame that this pretty much ruined the visit. The food is decent, its not overly priced and once you have managed to order, the food comes quickly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
stockport
“2nd choice but better than 1st choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went out with the intention of eating at another local pub/restaurant, having looked at the menu of the other place we decided to leave as there did not appear to be much choice! We decided to visit the Bulls head as it has been many years since our last visit. What a good choice we made, very friendly staff, good choice of food, nicely presented and hot! very warm welcoming restaurant and will definitely be returning. seems like the other place has just lost 2 of its regular customers due to a miserable looking menu. Well done Bulls head keep up the good work.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheshire,UK
“Just right !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped off on the way home and a 1st visit to this pub. The layout was clean and welcoming and the service excellent. I had a medium done steak and my wife a vegetarian meal. The quality of both meals was excellent for under ten pounds each meal off the main menue. Well Done

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere