“Reception staff were amazing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Airport Inn Manchester

Save Saved
You added The Airport Inn Manchester to your Saves list
The Airport Inn Manchester
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Altrincham Road, Wilmslow SK9 4LR, England (Formerly Holiday Inn Manchester Airport)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Wilmslow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Reception staff were amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the 15th of Nov, reception staff were really good, I felt welcome and we'll greeted! I was recognised as IHG member, even got helped with my cases! Will stay here again, breakfast was ok, however the hotel is a bit tired and could do with some money spending! Was Not really happy with the size of my bedroom- carpet desperately needs replacing, over all good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Yvessacci

Thank you for your review, unfortunately there is little we can manage about the sizes of some of our rooms at this time however I will ensure your comments are passed onto our franchise owner. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Ideally situated close to the airport and a fantastic park and fly set up. The hotel was clean and well decorated and the staff were very helpful. The airport transfers were on time and the minibus driver was very helpful with the baggage

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear steve L

Thank you for your comments. I was please to read you found our service met your requirements, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

North Yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night before going on holiday. I have stayed here before but had forgotten how small and basic the rooms are. The double room we stayed in was tiny and the bathroom is even smaller. The bathroom is so small it has a sliding door. I am not a particularly tall person but when standing in the shower my head almost touched the ceiling. The transfer to the airport was ok, there and back. Although the hotel is fairly reasonable, price wise, the state of the hotel means we will not be staying there again, I'd rather pay slightly more for a better quality and size of room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bechale

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I have noted your comments about the condition of the property and I will share these with our franchise owners. Feedback such as this is invaluable.

Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work conference in November. Service was terrible. I booked the free shuttle service twice but later found out I wasn't booked on both times. They couldn't provide me with an iron! (It's a hotel!) the staff were not helpful at all. Didn't enjoy my stay at all.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Ricardof1979

I was disappointed to read your comments about the service at the hotel during your recent stay. Every effort is made to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay and I apologise if we failed you. I will ensure my team is aware of your comments.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Staff are pretty good here.
Upon arrival they were very pleasant and helpful

The restaurant offers an ok meal package and the breakfast service is pretty good - buffet style. Again the staff are helpful

The hotel offers parking and transfer options which are cost effective.

The hotel is approx 10 minutes from the airport and a separate voucher service is used for taxis to and from the airport.

Otherwise it's a bit of a dump.

The rooms are small and dated and the complex needs a refurb as it seems to be stuck in the 70s

The outside of the hotel looks ok, but the interior is not nice

Overall I wouldn't choose this place again

Stayed November 2013
Dear Philsword

Thank you for your review.

I have noted your comments about the condition of the property and I will share these with our franchise owners. Feedback such as this is important in our consistent drive to be a competitive hotel within the local area.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'll start with the positives:
- location was good for my meeting
- staff were welcoming
- IHG status was recognised, albeit with the minimum

Unfortunately, these were outweighed by the negatives, the biggest of which is that stepping into your bedroom is like going back to the worst of 1970's England. The memories of no school due to strikes, the Austin Allegro and 3 TV channels come flooding back - ie everything that is bad. Just a few points:
- As stated below numerous times, the rooms are in desperate need of refurbishment: worn carpets, paint peeling, musty smell.
- Bedroom and bathrooms are tiny, not a patch on a Premier Inn
- My room was particularly noisy: banging pipes when someone ran a bath; long noisy corridor
- Shower useles for anyone taller than 5' 4". The shower head was at my eye level and I am only 6"
- Breakfast vey basic and overpriced.

Overall very disappointing and not really up to usual Holiday Inn quality. Next time I will book into the nearby Premier Inn, cheaper, cleaner and better rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Anon A

Thank you for your review, I will pass on your comments about the condition you describe our rooms to our franchise owners.

Ulverston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Booked this hotel by mistake - meant to book the Crowne Plaza at M/C airport. Phoned reservations straight away but had to wait for Monday to speak to someone. They wouldn't let me change it even though it was to another of their hotels. Thumbs down for H. I.
The hotel was good and the staff very friendly and helpful. I phoned the hotel prior to the visit making sure that there was a lift and that it was working. All ok until I got there and apparently the lift only services part of the hotel and the rest is accessed by stairs. And you can guess, my room was in that section. A problem when you have difficulties climbing stairs. Thumbs down for the staff not making this clear when I phoned but they were very apologetic when I was there and helped as much as they could. Breakfast was good and staff friendly.
Now taxis from the airport. Don't go to the regular rank as they will charge you between £17 & £20 each way. Scandalous. Use either the tel. no. the hotel gives you or the hotel's shuttle (also a taxi). Still costs about £8 each way so in the end there's not much difference in what you are paying between this hotel and the Crowne Plaza which is obviously a better standard. Big mistake I made but learnt a lot. If you are driving then it's a better deal and the hotel's basically good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear freda7-10

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to read that overall we met your expectations. Thank you for a concise review, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!