“Good for airport run” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Airport Inn Manchester

You added The Airport Inn Manchester to your Saves list
The Airport Inn Manchester
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Altrincham Road, Wilmslow SK9 4LR, England (Formerly Holiday Inn Manchester Airport)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Warwickshire
“Good for airport run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here overnight before our flight from Manchester. We arrived early early evening and left at 5.30am.

Location: easy to find and quick transfer to/from airport.

Room: spacious for the three of us (kid was impressed she had a double to herself), Bed had different pillow weights and you could ask for different if you wanted them. Basic amenities, tea, coffee, etc. clean, spacious, bathroom good condition. We were at the back on the first floor and had no problems with noise, etc., even though there were a good few families there at the same time as us.

Amenities: Glad we ate before we went as the prices were way too high on the menu we looked at - and not a huge variety of choice, but enough for pretty much everyone to be able to find something they like/want. We had a couple of drinks at the bar but £10 for one pint, one spirit with mixer and one coke for the kid was enough to convince us it was overpriced in the bar as well. Unfortunately there's nowhere close you could walk to for a cheaper/drink meal. If you're stopping for a morning flight I suggest eat before you go and take something to drink (whether that's soft drinks or alcohol) for consumption in the room. No wifi available (except for a (very high) price) - not really acceptable these days for somewhere that would be expected to have business guests as well. Overall I'd be comfortable to go back if flying from Manchester again, and as I know what to expect on costs so will fill up before going.

Transfers: from the hotel it's every half hour in the appropriate taxi/minibus so make sure you set your alarm(s)/book your alarm call! Coming back you are given a number to call, the service was good but you come out of the building and phone expecting them to pick you up from there, but the pick up is from the departures area which is a floor above (strangely they have a two-tier drive-in system) - there's usually plenty of time to get back inside, get to the lift area and go up and out to the pick up area for the taxi/minibus back to the hotel. Once back at the hotel you get the car park barrier codes from reception and can get in your car to go home - easy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

John Rothwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before flying from Manchester Airport in early September. Their offer includes a shuttle to and from the airport. We arrived on a Friday evening when there was a wedding on and we panicked that we wouldn't get any sleep as it was due to go on until 1am. We were in room 001, right next to the party and we had to be up at 3am.

We went to the bar and had a couple of drinks and something to eat. All served promptly, and exactly what you would expect for reasonable prices. We went to bed at around 11pm and hoped for the best. Once in our room, there was only the very faintest of noise murmurs, only there if you really listened hard. We slept solidly until 3am.

When we went to check out at 3.30am, Mike was on Reception and he was most courteous and even made me a cup of tea before we were picked up.

All in all, a great hotel for an airport hotel with ample, if a little crowded, car parking.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our Park and Fly package and found that we served good food at a reasonable price. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon and I will pass your kind words onto Mike.

England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay prior to flying from Manchester. The room was comfortable and cleanish, a vacuum around the edges of the carpet was needed but everything else was ok. After reading other reviews we weren't sure what to expect but it was ok and suited our needs. I wouldn't choose to stay here for any other purpose than an overnight stop off for the airport. The rooms were reasonably quiet even though the airport is close and you can hear the flights taking off outside. Checking in was a bit slow and there was a large queue. Food in the bar was good quality and reasonably priced but a bit basic, I chose the hamburger and chips and it was extremely filling. All of the staff were friendly and helpful.
The pool area looked very nice but we didn't get chance to use it. We used the park and fly service which was good for leaving the hotel to the airport but we were not impressed with the return, you have to find a specific spot out of the airport and then the minibus arrived 15 minutes after we had been told to expect it. Last thing you need when it has turned cold and you are tired. this hotel would not be my first choice to use again but I would if I couldn't find anything else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to read that you were impressed with your stay and found everything to your liking. I am sorry there were some issues concerning your returning journey on the shuttle bus and I will be sure to bring this up with the company who run it. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice quiet location the night before our flight. Much nicer than staying directly at the airport and only a 5 min drive. Pool area was lovely and relaxing. Theres a really nice pub called the honey bee just up the road. We should have stayed there to eat because the hotel food was awful, really bland and not worth the money. Hotel staff were friendly enough and the room was adequate.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members and leisure facilities to be wonderful. I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your meals with us and I will be sure to discuss your comments with our chef. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Had I created a time machine and gone back in time to 1988 I think I would have enjoyed my stay how're it being 2013 I did not
The hotel is very dated in a way that will never become classic and the facilities are terrible no wi Fi working in a supposedly business serving hotel

The food was awful all day and I could not wait to leave to seek something edible others on courses were being quite vocal at the standards

To add I traveled over for a course at the hotel and its the only reason I stayed I was booked in to a premiere inn an hour down the road for the job I was working on and had I known the standard of the hotel I would have driven over instead

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed in your stay with us and found our hotel to not be at the standard you’d expect us to be. I have taken your comments into consideration and I will be sure to discuss these at length with all members of our team.

Meitar, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

10 minutes with Taxi from the airport (fix price 24 Pound), There is shuttle to airport need to reserve.. free and fast Wi Fi for club members.
breakfast is OK no more. no elevator to rooms.
Rooms are clean . location is great for business. Great Gym and swimming pool.

Room Tip: Ask for room with the lake view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Telford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a night at the Holiday Inn before a flight from Manchester.
Hotel was easy to find, just off the motorway with plenty of free parking, we parked just outside the front door which is easier when lugging bags around. Check in easy, there seemed to be large queues from time to time though.
We were given our room key and set off only to find that the section we were in didn't have lifts so we had to carry heavy bags up to the 2nd floor - not fun! Room average, clean enough but could do with a bit of updating. We had a lovely view of the woods and a stream, planes were taking off just behind it but double glazing good and we didn't hear anything. Walls a bit thin, we had a fair bit of noise, including other people bathrooms but it didn't bother us too much! Didn't use the bar, restaurant or other facilities but it looked ok. We walked 10 mins up the road to a lovely pub called the Honey Bee where we had a really nice meal.
Overall the hotel was fine for our purpose so we'd go again but next time I would ask for a ground floor room or to be in the block with lifts!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for spending time writing a review for us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I’m sorry about the lack of lifts in our hotel, but I wish you had said something at check-in as we would have been only too happy to help you carry your luggage to your room. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

John Rothwell

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!