This was my second visit to the Holiday Inn (Manchester Airport). My previous visit (May 2011) had been fine but I was disappointed this time.
My journey to the hotel had not been good but on arrival at check-in the staff member was struggling to find someone to help the customer in front of me and it took some time for her to track down a colleague to help the guest with their luggage.
I was given a room on the ground floor which was okay (if not a little dark and dull). The bathroom was fine but for the fact the washbasin was full of water and the plug was stuck shut. The maintenance people thought it had been like that for some time and as they couldn't fix it I was moved to another room - bit of a pain after a long day on the road and the second room, again on the ground floor, was dull and dark. I was disappointed the room wasn't very clean with tissues on the floor and big clumps of dust - I think this is what annoyed me most.
I ate in the hotel restaurant (Terraces) in the evening and although the food was fine I thought it was expensive for what it was. Yes, I realise it is an airport hotel but good value is always welcome.
Having also stayed at the Crowne Plaza (Manchester Airport) I would recommend that hotel over this one given this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport is superbly located just 2 miles from Manchester Airport and within easy access to the M56, M60, M62, M6, and Manchester City Centre. Holiday Inn Manchester Airport offers 126 bright, modern and contemporary bedrooms. All rooms offer AC and WIFI Internet Access, an ideal hotel for the business and leisure traveller. The hotel's Conference Centre offers 13 suites all with AC, WIFI, and contemporary Conference Cafe. The Cheshire Suite holds up to 300 delegates and is an ideal venue for Weddings, Private Banqueting and Christmas Parties and Business The Park and Fly packages provides guests with on-site secure parking and shuttle bus to and from the Airport terminal.For the healthy minded our Club Motivation Leisure Club offers a 46ft Swimming Pool, fully equipped Gymnasium, Squash Court and Spa.Holiday Inn Manchester Airport makes an ideal base for visiting local attractions including Manchester United Old Trafford Football Ground, Tatton Park, Trafford Centre, and Manchester City Football Club. The Manchester Airport hopper service runs to/from Manchester Airport every 15 minutes at peak times from 4am-11pm daily. 3 Single, 5 return per adult. 1 Children. Pick up points Terminal 1 Bus Stop 4, Terminal 2 Bus Stop 3, Terminal 3 Main Bus Stop and Train Station Main Entrance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Airport Inn Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport Hotel Wilmslow
- Manchester Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Wilmslow
- Wilmslow Holiday Inn