“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Airport Inn Manchester

Save Saved
You added The Airport Inn Manchester to your Saves list
The Airport Inn Manchester
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Altrincham Road, Wilmslow SK9 4LR, England (Formerly Holiday Inn Manchester Airport)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Wilmslow
UK
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was my second visit to the Holiday Inn (Manchester Airport). My previous visit (May 2011) had been fine but I was disappointed this time.

My journey to the hotel had not been good but on arrival at check-in the staff member was struggling to find someone to help the customer in front of me and it took some time for her to track down a colleague to help the guest with their luggage.

I was given a room on the ground floor which was okay (if not a little dark and dull). The bathroom was fine but for the fact the washbasin was full of water and the plug was stuck shut. The maintenance people thought it had been like that for some time and as they couldn't fix it I was moved to another room - bit of a pain after a long day on the road and the second room, again on the ground floor, was dull and dark. I was disappointed the room wasn't very clean with tissues on the floor and big clumps of dust - I think this is what annoyed me most.

I ate in the hotel restaurant (Terraces) in the evening and although the food was fine I thought it was expensive for what it was. Yes, I realise it is an airport hotel but good value is always welcome.

Having also stayed at the Crowne Plaza (Manchester Airport) I would recommend that hotel over this one given this experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We find our guests comments to be invaluable when training our team members.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay with us in concern to the changing of rooms and the unsatisfactory level of cleanliness that faced you in the second room. I would like to extend my apologies for these situations and I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in Holiday Inn Manchester Airport.

Please email your name, room numbers and date of stay to gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com so we can discuss any issues you have further.

681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Kent, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel twice at weekends while visiting family in the Manchester area. Although it is described as an airport hotel, and is certainly conveniently situated for Manchester Airport, its location makes it feel more like a country hotel. Our room overlooked the hotel garden and a small river, and we could see rabbits on the grass!

The hotel delivers a standard Holiday Inn experience efficiently and without fuss. It's good value compared with Manchester city centre hotels that we have stayed in - for example, the breakfast stands comparison with some of those hotels but costs significantly less. And there is free parking. Our room and bathroom were generally ok though on the small side. The room was quiet despite the wedding celebrations underway on the ground floor.

In summary, the hotel represents good value for money.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as a returning customer. Our hotel surprises our guests when they can look out over the land we’re on – the rabbits certainly interested children! I’m glad your stay was comfortable and peaceful and we are good value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

this hotel is used by a lot of people before travelling from manchester airport, but we used it for a two nights stay while visiting friends our stay was two night dinner bed and breakfast and the price was very good. The food was excellent our friends had ameal with us for £27. 50this was for both of them and was a two course meal and a glass of wine. The hotel facillities were excellent with avery large gym and both a jicussi sauna and steam room and swiming pool. the staff were excellent in all department the rooms were large and very clean as was all the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for exsecutive room upgrade
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you greatly enjoyed your stay with us and our hotel and team members impressed you. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Good value for the room and parking deal
reastaurant food very good and excellent service
leisure complex ok with a good size pool
Only negative is the return transfer a bit of a wait if you have just missed the mini bus, especially if it is raining

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your compliments onto our restaurant team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked this hotel by mistake! We usually stay nearer the airport bt this hotel is not far away and provides a good taxi link to the terminals - only down side was the wait for the return. An advantage is that your car stays at the hotel and you keep the keys. Comfortable bar and food service.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the airport runway side will be quieter although the hotel is remarkably quiet despi...
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with our hotel.

I’m pleased to read that although you booked us as a mistake, your stay was enjoyable and I hope you return to us in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stay here before we flew away & when we returned from our holiday on the first night we had a family room which was room 5 it was clean but a little small with 2 kids and the pull out sofa bed wasn't great on our return we had room 8 which was much nicer and bigger however from both rooms you could here the planes breakfast wasn't anything special and was expensive in future I would stay at the more modern cheaper premier inn which is closer to the terminal

• Stayed October 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you would not return to us but as an airport hotel, some airplane noise will be heard.

East Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

After travelling from Egypt 4 hours late and with no luggage ( thanks to Thomas Cook!) We arrived yesterday at 8am, being booked in for the night before. We had a 3 hour car drive home so had booked it thinking we would be at the hotel at 230 am for a good sleep before driving. The airport was unhelpful and the coach transfers back to the car were uncaring that we were freezing (we had put our jackets in the case to get out on our return)
We arrived so down and so so tired. The young lady that looked after us was new to this hotel and I told her of our problems and asked for a toothbrush and toothpaste as we had nothing. She was lovely and told us to get a hot drink and was genuinely caring to make us comfortable. The young man at the breakfast bar was lovely too and offered us anything we wanted.
These young people and their genuine care wiped out all of our upset and should be thanked by the company. ( We thanked them personally ourselves).
As a good traveller along with my husband we thank this company and the people we were lucky to meet here to make us feel better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay.

I am so sorry to read of the problems you had at the end of your holiday but I’m so pleased that our team members managed to make it better. I will ensure that the team members in question read your review and know how much you appreciate their help.

John Rothwell

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!