“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 79 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Miller & Carter Wilmslow offers expertly cooked premium steaks & grills in a fantastic setting. Whether it's an informal midweek treat, a business lunch, a weekend outing or a family celebration let us introduce you to the best Steakhouse, Bar & Grill in town.You'll find us just off the A34 near to Wilmslow railway station. Just 3 miles away you will find the wonderful views and walks at Alderley Edge.Our Steakhouse, Bar & Grill is famous across Cheshire, attracting people looking for bars and restaurants in Bramhall, Knutsford and Heald Green.We know that the secret of running a classic Steakhouse is to keep it simple. So at Miller & Carter Wilmslow you'll find our Food Menu is packed with expertly cooked grills, our bar has a great Drinks Menu and our friendly staff bring you the whole steakhouse experience in a luxuriously stylish but understated location.Miller & Carter Wilmslow... Experts in Steak
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is just fabulous and good value .The steaks are to Die for and comes with salads and onion wedge ,Yummy Great Menu as well and the staff are just soooooooooo NICE

Visited March 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal, steak to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Fantastic family meal here in this beautiful restaurant. Food absolutely delicious - best steak I've ever had, cooked exactly as ordered served with great chips and the salad and onion loaf with it were lovely. Really nice creme brulee for afters - only wish it had been a bit bigger.

Kids made very welcome and loved the kids menu. V tasty garlic bread for starters, great burgers and chips and lovely choc icecream. Portion sizes were good - have a 10 yr old boy with a healthy appetite and he was full after 2 courses.

Kids were fascinated by the rabbits in the car park and the gardens were lovely.

Service friendly and attentive.

Would definitely return again for a special occasion. Not cheap but food quality excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't bother”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Steaks overdone, slow service, staff seem more interested in talking to each other. We ordered a second cocktail and the waiter said "I've run out of ingredients so I've added pineapple instead of vanilla"???? Poor value for money. Restaurant was so quiet on a Friday evening at 8pm. Says it all really. If you want a decent steak with excellent service try Gaucho!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Not good at all, especially for the price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My friends and I decided to eat at the Miller & Carter on a sunny evening. We were greeted very warmly and advised about the running order if we decided to sit outside, which we did.

We chose a table outside in the sun however it did have the plates/glasses/cutlery of the previous patrons. We moved them over to one side of the table where they sat for 35 minutes before the waiter who had passed our table several times came over to remove them.

We ordered starters and main courses, grilled mushrooms, calamari and croquettes. The starters were very nice and arrived quickly.

Our main courses were a complete disaster. My friend ordered the pumpkin ravioli. When it came out it looked like it had been grilled or kept under the grill to keep warm. The pasta had completely dried out and the surface of the pasta had actually bubbled. My friend tried a bit but it was too dry and not what she had ordered. She tried to send it back but we were told it was already paid for so she couldn't have a refund. When we advised that it looked awful and dried up the waiter went back to the kitchen and when he came back advised that the chef had stressed that is how it was supposed to be served. Never in my life have I seen blistered pasta as a serving suggestion and the chef should probably be a little ashamed if that's how he prides a dish. In the end, my friend just sent it back without a refund due.
I ordered salmon which was bone dry, completely overcooked and really tough to chew. I had to smear it in mayonnaise in order to eat it. Another friend ordered the beef wellington which should have come out medium. The beef was again completely overcooked and for nearly £20 for the dish, you expect a lot better.

What was most disappointing was the point blank refusal to accept any responsibility for just sending out poor food. At these prices, you should get a decent plate of food, cooked well and to order.

Would strongly recommend against anybody taking a meal here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Can't wait to go back but please get the service up to speed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for myself and my husband. We were greeted by a very helpful gentleman who asked if we wanted to be seated or a drink first. We had a drink at the bar a little over priced on the wine list and the cocktails but it was a treat night so I had a champagne mojito which was lovely so couldn't complain.
We had the shared platter to start with which was just perfect the waitress we had was a lovely girl who was very knowledgeable and as I had ordered fillet steak well done she recommended if I preferred the steak to be cooked a little quicker than waiting 40mins the chef could butterfly the steak for me which I've never had before with a fillet as the size of the cut is much smaller than other steaks I was a little unsure but I gave it a go. My husband had the t-bone stak medium rare we both had the wedge of lettuce with toppings of our choice which they don't hide behind anything they describe it as a wedge of lettuce but I think they could come up with something a little less lazy but it was very tasty. The seasoned chips were very nice and a perfect touch we both had peppercorn sauce and unlike other restaurants when you get a drizzle in a tiny bowl to cover your steak and your left wanting more here you get the perfect amount and its beyond tasty!
We had deserts a white chocolate box for me and chocolate brownie for my husband both were extremely nice and well presented.
The only problem we had was the change over of staff seemed to have caused some slow down on service which is a shame. We went on a Saturday evening and we could see the place was filling up we sat downstairs but as my husband asked for an espresso after the desserts we had to ask 3 times if we could get the espresso and the bill. Espresso arrived then no bill ? After waiting a further 15 minutes we finally got the waiters attention after he finished talking to his friend at a table and we were able to pay and leave.
We would go back again and we have recommended this steak house to family and friends as the food we ate is the best we have had out in a very long time and the fillet steak was the nicest fillet steak I have ever tasted.they need to update a few items a d do something with the wedge of lettuce it just comes across lazy and it needs something else also the service needs stepping up and smooth change overs rather than the sloppy non communication.

Visited April 2013