“Great Food - Shame about the landlord!” 2 of 5 stars

The King William
35 Manchester Road, Wilmslow SK9 1BQ, England   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Wilmslow B&B and Inns
Leeds
“Great Food - Shame about the landlord!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I organised a family meal in November 2011 and chose The King William as i heard that the tapas was the best in the area. Our family was extreemly pleased with the food and service provided by all staff.
However, we all felt very uncomfortable that a person sat close to the bar area appeared drunk and also had a very heated and loud argument with a female which could clearly be heard by ourselves and other diners.
After asking staff to speak with this person we were very suprised to hear that the people arguing were infact the landlord and landlady! I felt sorry that the staff were put in this position and do not want to hear arguing and swearing whilst dining with my family especially not from the owners of the establishment!
A family member stayed in one of the guest rooms and reported that it was very basic tv did not work and cleanliness was ok but not great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Upon arrival you have to walk through the public bar. If there had been a piano playing it would have stopped!
The room was basic, which I expected for a B&B. However, I did not expect to find rogue hairs on the bathroom floor. The bedding was crumpled, which made me suspect that it was not freshly laundered and ironed. There was a long list of rules on the door which did not provide a welcoming feel. Although hard of hearing, I was very aware of the noise of passing traffic, which doesn't bode well for those of you with sharper ears!
Overall it was okay, I can't say better than that. I chose the King William as an alternative to camping. Next time I'll bring my tent!

• Stayed May 2011

Been to The King William? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The King William

Address: 35 Manchester Road, Wilmslow SK9 1BQ, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Cheshire > Wilmslow
Ranked #9 of 9 B&Bs / Inns in Wilmslow
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your The King William reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage The King William, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.