“zs” 4 of 5 stars

You added Park Hotel London to your Saves list
Park Hotel London
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   327 Cranbrook Road, Ilford IG1 4UE, England   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Ilford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I enjoyed this place. Very tidy, friendly people work there. I will stay there next time for sure! Pleasant place! I've been there in September (2012). Hotel is close to underground ( you can easily get it by yourself, just 10 min of walking or even less

• Stayed September 2012
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel London, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear sir/madam ,

Thank you very much for a nice review!

It is very nice to know that you were satisfied with your stay.

I will definitely pass the message of praise to the front office and housekeeping team as they are trying their best to make the stay of each guest enjoyable and memorable!
Hotel is close to the underground, indeed less than 10 min walk, and also we have a bus stop in front of the hotel which can get you to underground station in less than 5 min.

Again, I would like to thank you for your time and valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Regards,
Mirela Darabanu, Manager, Park Hotel Ilford
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Hotel was very clean and tidy with friendly and helpfull staff. It was a 5 minutes walk from the local railway station which got you into central London in about 25 minutes.The breakfast was delicious. It was included in the price and offers a good selection of both hot and cold items. It has ample, free car parking facilities on site. We checked out in the morning but the hotel staff were so nice and let us to park our car in their carpark for the rest of the day, which was amaizing, thank you again for a wonderful stay.

We would definitely come back in this hotel, whenever we stay in London and we will recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: Try the pancakes, we loved them.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Emma,

We really appreciate that you for taking time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
It is such a reward to see your comments.
Indeed we are perfectly located between 2 busy shopping parades from where you can catch a train either from Ilford Station (British Rail over ground) on the left or the Gants Hill station (Central line tube) on the right that will take you straight to central London in 15-20 min.
We hope to continue providing best services possible to each of our guests. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Best regards,
Mirela Darabanu, Manager, Park Hotel Ilford.
Telford UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was the out house.Tagged onto the building.It was very poor decoratively.Filthy carpets.The bed felt lumpy ,creaked and moved with every movement.The door into the room was an interior door which could have been kicked in with no effort.Wat can only be described as rough people were standing directly outside of the room talking loudly and smoking.On calling the manager they went back inside only to return later giving me a very disturbed night..I was on a 3 night night stay.On discussion with the receptionist regarding the quality of the room he said that as I was in a single room they were not up to standard of other rooms and the would move me to an upgraded room for the next two nights.
On returning the following night I was shown to their rooms in the main building which were an improvement but the beds were still the same and pillows rock solid.Very noisy.I said that I did not wish to stay and would be happy to pay for the night I stayed but requested my money back for the other 2 nights.They were rude and refused this.
Quite frankly I wouldn,t have put my dog in there.
I am well travelled and accepting of many things but this was just not acceptable.

Room Tip: I always review hotels on trip advisor which gives a general overview of a place an are not usually...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
On behalf of all staff at Park Hotel please allow me to apologies for all the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
From our side we can only apologize for your experience as the suggestions offered to you were not up to your satisfaction. I am happy to inform you that refurbishment works had have taken place in the hotel so I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and we will be able to change the negative impression on a more positive one.
If I can provide any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me on 02085549616.
Mirela Darabanu
Manager Park Hotel Ilford
Leicester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel was booked by a friend who didn't look up any reviews at the time of booking. Never again will I take that chance.

We checked in and the staff seemed polite enough although there were a few issues with language as nobody seemed to speak fluent English. We were quickly escorted out of the building to a house a few doors down the street. Basically, the hotel have bought the houses along the street and use them in addition to the main building. The room smelt terrible of damp and the bathroom smelt like something had died but with the hotel being fully booked there was no alternative. It looked ok until closer inspection revealed the walls and also bedsheets and pillows had patches of mould on them. Absolutely disgusting. There was a smoking area - next to the open kitchen windows too. They have little idea of housekeeping either and make the beds up with a quilt with no cover being put between two flat sheets and just turned over at the top to hide it. We were expected to sleep on paper thin pillows - just one each - or 'use a rolled up towel' they suggested as they had no spares. The house could easily be accessed by outsiders if someone had a few drinks and let someone else enter - someone hd the door open for me without asking so felt very nervous about staying there. The breakfast was just about edible, incredibly greasy but I found a few things to eat but nothing to shout about. They have tons of bread but no toast which was strange.

I would never in my life stay here again if you paid me to. I would have preferred to spend twice as much and stay in a decent place I know is safe and hygenic.

• Stayed July 2012
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel London, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Readers,

We have contacted TripAdvisor and have advised them of false reviews posted by the above client. We have produces proof and evidences to TripAdvisor to remove the reviews. But sadly they have not acted on it and hence below is our reply.

Many thanks for your review. We have received a bounced cheque of your booking from our bank. And also you refused to pay for the rooms as your group said that they did not have any money (23 fully grown up men..do not have a single penny to pay for the room !)

The total bill outstanding for your group is £20,300 approx. After tricking us and deceiving us with a fraudulent cheque are complaining is just unbelievable. We are pretty sure that you will not be happy if you worked for someone and they did not pay you. We will let the readers decide of your review. If anyone wants to see a proof of a bounced cheque and the reviews being duplicated in multiple hotels please email us and we will send you all the proofs.

Kind Regards
Hotel Manager
Wigan, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Having spent 33 years on the road and staying in hundreds of hotels all over Europe, this has got to be the worst hotel on the planet. My room stunk of sewage, that's because the sewage vent comes up into the toilet/shower room. No spare pillows, or hangers. TV power cable is nailed to the wall, wardrobe is very un stable, hang clothes in it and it falls forward. On my arrival to the hotel room I was met with an overpowering smell of weed, coming from another room. when I complained to the manager, he stated, "oh that, it happens all the time, i'll sort it in the morning", and that was it. If you are unfortunate to stay here, take some gnat spray, air freshner, plug for sink,extra pillow, believe me you will need them.

The hotel offers an English breakfast, IT'S NOT, it's a Polish breakfast. This is prob because all the kitchen staff and waitresses are Polish, however they are very accomodating and friendly.

The one person you have to be careful of is the hotel owner, he is a very nasty piece of work. Woe betide you if you upset him in anyway. This is one hotel i will be recommending to friends. TO STAY AWAY FROM!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost's.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Readers,

Kind Regards
Manager

Been to Park Hotel London? Share your experiences!