“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-5 Argyle Road, Ilford IG1 3BH, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Ilford
Yorkshire
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Me and my partner have just arrived back from a 3 night stay here.
The hotel is in a great location in Ilford, a 5 minute walk from the train station which you can use to get you into Liverpool street in around 20 minutes. Some may say it is a little far from the centre of London but I personally would not want to pay the high prices for central London hotels!
The staff are very attentive and polite and breakfast is substantial and service is efficient.
The only reason I could not award the hotel 5 stars is because of the parking arrangements for the hotel. There are about 8 or so parking spaces outside the front of the hotel, which are free of charge, but it is a first come first served basis. When we arrived there weren't any, forcing us to street park on a single yellow line. The following morning just as we moved our car, a parking attendee was heading down the street and placing parking fines on street parked cars! So be aware! If you cannot use the hotels parking spaces, you may need to find alternative parking.
However, all in all a very enjoyable stay, thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your time and feedback! I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Nice to see that accommodation and service met your expectations. I have noted your concern in regards to the lack of parking. Taking the opportunity please allow me to let you know that we have additional parking spaces free of charge with 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Please get the details from the reception next time and they will direct you there.

Hope to see you soon!
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The hotel is rather far away from the city, but you can get there either by subway or by bus if you don't have a car, only walking distance. We parked our car and took the subway and bus going to London to avoid hassle of London traffic. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. They will guide you to tour London. The hotel offers good breakfast. If you happen needing some foods or snack at night, don't hesitate to ask, the staff will get it for you in the kitchen. I got that so I know. Free internet around the hotel. The room size is sufficient for Europe standard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review. I am glad to see that the hotel location suited your needs and staff has gone extra mile and provided you with some snacks during the evening time!
I hope we will see you again in the nearest future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We have undertaken the City tour in London staying in this hotel. From the beginning on, we felt great support from the hotel personnel, very friendly people. We have got two rooms for same price. The hotel is very clean, perfect connection to London by train, shopping possibilities are available in the vicinity. The area around maybe not the best place for the night walk, strange faces around, but the hotel is fully safe - the reception is occupied round the clock. We spend 4 nights there and very satisfied, price-quality ration is optimal for such expensive city as London. Highly recommendable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
First of all I would like to thank you for your comments. I am glad to know that you received a warm hospitality, value for money and enjoyed your stay! All compliments will be passed to the team.
Nice to find out that the location of the property suited your needs.
Hope to see you soon!
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Clean, friendly, but the tiniest room I have ever stayed in. Room 25 - 25 is a square number, and this room was not much bigger than a 2m by 2m square. Very cramped. (Also I was told they do not do evening meals (but I saw a family having one!)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking time and reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. Good to know that despite of the room size, you mentioned cleanliness and friendliness therefore giving us a hope to see you again. We have different room sizes and depending on availabilities will be more than happy to allocate more spacious bedroom upon request.
As per the evening meals, we do provide the room service facility. We are ordering food from the local restaurant. Please accept my apologies that this information was not communicated to you. I will make sure it is not going to happen in future.
Again, thanks a lot and hope to see you soon.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Booked a double room, upon arrival was given a single room and bed. Room was advertised as a superior double deluxe with a picture of a double bed. But was told on arrival that the single room was what i booked and paid for. I decided not to stay and complained in the morning via email. I was told i would not be refunded and for every email they have to reply in regards to my complaint they would take £20 without my authorisation. They had my card details that i used to make the booking and actually threatened to charge me for complaining about their services. Bad apple in the franchises of Best Western hotels. I will never book at best western again nor will I encourage anybody else to.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to see your frustration however you have booked a single room therefore was accommodated according to the reservation. Indeed, we take a key deposit of £ 20.00. Let me reassure you that this is hotel policy and it is applicable to all the guests staying with us and refundable at the time of check out.
Under no circumstances we have threatened you. I am sorry that you understood it that way.
If I can be in assistance any further please do not hesitate to contact me.
London/Ilford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed in the hotel as family (2 children, 2 adults) in one of their Executive Suites. The room is big enough for a short stay. Bath room is OK. The room was quite clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location near Ilford railway station is very good (less than 20 minutes to London Liverpool Street, in Zone 4). The only little downside is the size of the breakfast area, which could be bigger. We had to wait for a free table for a couple of minutes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Hotel M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for the review. Glad that you and your family had a wonderful stay in our Executive Room. Indeed, the room is great for families as you can take the advantage of the garden and enjoy sunshine during summer time! Thanks for the staff praise. They try their best to make sure that the stay of every guest enjoyable and memorable.
I am sorry that you had to wait for breakfast. It is only because our breakfast is good and a lot of customers would like to start their day by having it!
We hope to see you and family sometime in future!
Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel? Share your experiences!