“Clean, decent breakfast choice but small rooms and too far from tube” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-5 Argyle Road, Ilford IG1 3BH, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Ilford
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Clean, decent breakfast choice but small rooms and too far from tube”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

The rooms are very clean and modern but the only air conditioning is through an open window, which in July made the rooms stifling. A number of rooms had to prop their doors open for additional ventiliation.

The bathroom was extremely small - couldn't wash my face in the sink because it was clockroom size and their was a shelf above it.

The walk to the tube wasn't the advertised 15 minutes but about 30 minutes and that was walking very fast.

Excellent choice at breakfast - cererals, juice, toast, yoghurt, fruit, tea, coffee, omelettes, full english

Good service but reception and breakfast room staff

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ParkHotelIlford, Manager at BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for completing the Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.

We have noted your concern on bad ventilation and bathroom size. I am pleased to let you know that we are planning to open up additional rooms in the nearest future. They will be of bigger size with A/C in them. In the meantime we have fans and they are available anytime on the request.

I would like to take the opportunity and let you know that we have Ilford National Express railway station just round the corner. It takes 15 minutes to reach Central London from there. So next time if you decide to visit us please use train!

Thanks again, your feedback is much appreciated. We hope to see you again!

BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
sigur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Clean and nice room. nice and quiet location. The room is just a bit small...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are very happy to read that you liked the room and location.

I would also like to take the opportunity and let you know that we are planning to extend the hotel. In the nearest future we will have new rooms of bigger size and additional parking space.

When you decide to stay in our hotel again please contact me directly on 02089116083 and I will personally make sure that you will be allocated a room of a bigger size.

Shropshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel on Friday night. I was terrible. We walked in and the girl behind the receptiion desk threw a piece of paper in front of me and said fill that in, she didnt even give me a pen, when i asked for one she said people are always stealing them!! I thought maybe she had had a bad day, we all have them let it go! We got to our room, room 27 well it was tiny the bed was pushed up against the window you could not open or close the curtains without moving the bed!. We was in a rush to go out so it would do. We then went out to see peter kay at the O2. We got back at 1am, asked the night porter if there was anywhere we could buy a drink of water or pop for bed, he said no. (surely they could have a drinks vending machine seeing as they have no bar? They have a sweets machine) So we went to bed any way! To my discused when I got into bed to find there was no duvet cover! I could not belive it, i slept with just the sheet as there was no way i was letting a duvet that someone else had used touch my skin. Which then made me cold, my partner spent the night with his body in the window. When i got up in the morning we went for breakfast, to say it was discusting would be too good!! I said to my partner just GET ME OUT OF HERE! We went to the room collected our stuff and went to check out! I expressed my thoughts to Alexandra the receptionist, who was unforgetablly rude, said that most hotels no longer use duvet covers?? I stay in hotels every weekend as my partner works away from home, i have never not had a duvet cover before and am sure i will not visit a hotel that doesnt again. Someone else has used that duvet before you and they do not cleaned inbetween stays. DISCUSTING!!!!! She also told me i should of told the night porter my isuues at 1am, Did i not think he was a member of staff? How rude!! She definatly needs to go to customer service training. NOWAY would i recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Omaha. NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

This is a good place to stay if you're watching your budget. Do not expect luxury or comfort but you do get the basics. Room and B/R is tiny but bed is great. Breakfast was rather good and fresh. Train station to central London is only 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at back of hotel, less noise
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
ear Sir,

Thank you very much for completing the Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.

We are pleased that you were satisfied with your stay.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Thetford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

From the moment we entered reception and were greeted with a smile and a cool orange juice, we felt welcome and knew we had made the right choice.The staff were of the highest calibre, nothing was too much trouble for them and they would go that extra yard to ensure that our needs were met. All this was done with a genuine smile on their faces.The room had everything we needed,the bed was very comfy and both the bath and shower were smashing. Breakfast was excellent with a good range of hot and cold food on offer. The waitresses were on top of their job so that the buffet was constantly replenished and vacated tables were cleaned and reset immediately.We cannot praise all the staff too highly and thank them so much for making our anniversary stay a memorable one.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Staffs are friendly and helpful specially the lady who clean our room and prepare the breakfast her name was Marina, She was so kind and empathetic when my mom got sick, she is making sure that my mom was okay and last day of our stayed she also offer us the early breakfast which We did not have time to eat. I thank you so much for that I really appreciate you, She is one hardworking person also the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Thank you Guys and hopefully I will se you guys again. Bed is not comfortable and bathroom was small but it's convenient and easy access to train,buses and grocery.

• Stayed April 2011
BestWesternIlford, Manager at BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2011
Dear urav4me,
Let me start by thanking you for completing our Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.

We are very happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay.

Your feedback is very much appreciated. We hope to see you again sometime and I would make sure that you have comfortable beds.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Alsager, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

I travel the whole country with my job and away from home at least 3 days a week and use best western all the time. Now London hotels are in the main rubbish or thats what I have found over charging, no parking, uptight staff, tiny rooms, bad breakfast in fact if I had my way I would never travel to places anywhere inside the m25 circle but works make me !!!

I was working in the docklands area and this hotel in ilford was the nearest one in there book and was I surprised you bet I was

A very friendly book in the guy had only been there a few weeks but my feelings of london hotels change he was very helpful and even went as far to help me plan my route to heathrow which I had to do on the first monday. A very nice room now london hotels are always tint but this one was OK and had a nice shower room as well

Bit worried about parking as London if you check www.ukpolice.co.uk is like bad everywhere compared to away from london but the hotel car park was full but could park on the road I was offered secure parking at there sister hotel but felt would give it a try and it was fine it did seem a fairly OK street

Breakfast was fine and started early unlike some london hotels who don't start breakfast until 0730 as they then know that most business people to get anywhere in london have to leave by 0715 at the latest ( try Best Western at Reigate and you will understand what I am saying)

So all in all a very nice stay and would recommend to other business travellers

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Arthurworker,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time and complete the Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.

It’s a big pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay!

The hotel team is trying their best to make each guest’ experience enjoyable.

We would very glad to see you agin in our hotel!

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Sasha Buikna,
Manager Bestwestern Ilford

Been to BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel? Share your experiences!