“Gorgeous food both times” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, UK
“Gorgeous food both times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Chequers Inn after it was recommended by my sister. It did not disappoint the first time so we booked again to take my very fussy in laws, and they loved it! My father in law had the Scallops to begin and said it was one of the best starters he'd ever eaten. I had the risotto which although a little to filling for a starter was delicious, I did have menu envy of my mother in laws goats cheese starter. The mains were wonderful, highly recommend the pork belly. We didn't have pudding, my husband and I did the first time we went and although they were wonderful as Chequers are generous with their portion sizes we knew better this time. Lovely friendly staff, nice atmosphere, will definitely be going again.

Visited September 2013

“Lovely pub.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a meal here to celebrate our 4th anniversary. The food was lovely and the atmosphere was lively as it was pretty busy for a Thursday evening. We had three fantastic courses after which I felt completely satisfied but not as if I had over eaten as I have felt when eating out at other venues. The quality of the food was great and although it's not cheap it was about the right price for the quality of meal.

The only aspect that they lost marks on was the slow service. However it was very busy so I would give the staff the benefit of the doubt.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Lovely family meal..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I joined my family at The Chequers to celebrate my niece's 21st Birthday. There were 11 of us in total, including 2 young children and I am pleased to say that we didn't have a single complaint!
The food was delicious - not an enormous menu but plenty to choose from. The staff were lovely -attentive and helpful (and so sweet with my children). And great beer too! Try and save space for pudding - pannacotta to die for!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

had a wonderful meal, the pub has a great atmosphere and although full the service was attentive. Food was excellent, good beers, wine list could have been a bit more exciting but we found a Portugeuse Red offering good value. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited August 2013
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Did we go to the same place?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited on the strength of reviews here. Sadly the experience didn't live up to the rave reviews. Vegetarian dish of gnocchi was quite horrible - gnocchi was squishy and a little burned. For the price I was quite shocked at the quality. My mum had roast beef - it was very fatty and she left a large amount. My husband tried on a number of occasions to catch someone to order another drink but no one came to check how we were and all staff were rushing past so difficult to attract attention. Really disappointing. We would have spent more time and money had the service been better. In the end we left after the mains. Won't be tempted back anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013