“Weekend break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Harrow

You added Comfort Hotel Harrow to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Harrow
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-12 Northwick Park Road, Harrow HA1 2NT, England (Formerly Northwick Park Hotel)   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Harrow
St. Helier, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed here for two nights while visiting our daughter. The hotel could do with a face lift, starting to look tired, rooms are not the biggest but suitable for our stay. The staff on the other hand catered for all of our needs and nothing was too much trouble for them. It might not be the most glamorous accommodation we have stayed in but it was ok for the price we payed. We will use it again with out hesitation when visiting this area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MButt, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience with us. I am glad that you have enjoyed most of our services and we look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The staff were really lovely at this hotel, and it was easy to find. The hotel itself, however, was not amazing. I didn't enjoy being woken up every morning by squeaky floorboards above me, and the bathroom wasn't exactly lush, but honestly when you get a hotel that is this cheap, it's much better than expected! It was clean, it was in a really nice location, and it had everything we needed - what more could I have asked for. I would recommend to people that are going to be out and about in London and would just like a clean, comfortable, quiet, friendly place to relax in the evening.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MButt, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest, I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We have been taking note from our valuable guests about the floor boards and external look of the building. I am pleased to inform you that we have already started the external painting and decorating work to give a better first impression. We will also be changing the corridor carpets in the entire building next month and at the same time the floor board’s issues will be fixed. We hope that these improvements will enhance the experience of our customers.

Once again thank you for your feedback and assure you our best attention at all the time.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed here last night as we were going to see Barry Manilow at Wembley Arena. The hotel looked desperately in need of redecoration and some TLC. There was confusion over our booking despite me having written confirmation in front of me - the Receptionist couldn't seem to grasp that there were 2 rooms booked not 1. It took ages to check in. Our bedroom was again in need of redecoration, it was so tired looking. The bathroom looked as if it hadn't seen any bleach in its life - whilst the actual bath looked fairly new, the surrounding areas and around the taps were rusty and black in places. The shower curtain rail was practically brown all round with rust and there was mould on the walls and ceiling. There was no plug for the sink and the water pressure was dreadful. Walking on the bathroom floor barefoot was a no-no, it was so cold and again could've done with a bit of Flash.

The food in the bar area was nice and the chap serving us was friendly.

Otherwise, the staff were a bit hapless - especially when we ordered a taxi for 6.30 to take us to the Arena and it hadn't shown up by 6.45 pm. The member of staff rang the taxi firm a couple of times and kept telling us it was 2 mins away - this went on til about 6.55 and we were panicking - ended up having to hijack a complete stranger and his car - what a good Samaritan he turned out to be - got us to the Arena with just a little time to spare.

I must say, the breakfast waiter this morning (14th) was very friendly and helpful.

Will never stay here again - not if George Clooney invited me. Oh, and by the way, the Barry concert was fab!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments with regards to your recent stay and please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience. I was sorry to learn of your overall dissatisfaction. Having received comments I immediately looked into the raised issues. The general standards of one of the bath room were not up to our usual standards. It seems that due to condensation in the bathroom the overall grouting and shower curtain rail does appear to be in a poor condition but these issues have been resolved now. This is in no way an excuse and I am really sorry for such a poor experience.

With regards to the delay upon check in I will comment that there was confusion on one of the booking due to the similar initials and surname and that’s why we have requested you to have a seat in the bar area as reception was very busy at that time. I can assure you that an appropriate training and action has been taken to avoid this kind of situations in future. With regards to the breakfast experience I am glad that you were happy with the breakfast staff however, the current toaster was replaced with rotary toaster to avoid the frequent smoke and false fire alarms in the morning. I have also taken up the taxi issues with the taxi company and due to high demand during Wembley Events it’s challenging for all local taxi companies to meet the expectations of the customers; however we do recommend to use the underground during the events and once again I am sorry for the inconvenience.

May I thank you for taking the time to contact us; it is only through customer feedback, both positive and negative that we can strive to meet our principle goal of customer satisfaction.
Castleford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Comfort Hotel is situated in a nice quiet housing estate in Harrow around a 10 minute walk from Kenton tube station.
It is a nice hotel but felt rather dated and although comfortable it isn't in the same league as a well known hotel chain next to Kenton tube station.
There is a nice bar and the bar food was ok but nothing special.
Parking is good as it is behind the hotel and there is plenty of it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in near future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here with work back in November. If you weren't aware you could mistake it for a travel lodge or at a push a premier inn. The reason I say at a push is because when you stay at a premier inn you know you will have decent shower and bed and a good value breakfast. After staying here 3 times I have experienced both by having one room with an average shower and bed and one with an excellent shower and bed.

On all occasions the breakfast has been very nice but it seems a little pricey for me.
A major gripe would be as someone who is giving up smoking like myself I found there to be smoke a plenty neat most of the outside doorways. With it being a non smoking hotel people wander outside but be it laziness or just keeping out the rain people tend to converge near the doorways to smoke. This of course is not ideal for an ex smoker but also I would begrudge my children walking through it if they happened to stay with me.

A good value hotel where I will undoubtably stay again in hopefully one of the what I consider better rooms

Room Tip: No advice offered
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MButt, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest, I am pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our services and offering and thank you for continue support.

With regards to the smoke issue I have taken your comments seriously and looking for some alternative arrangements to resolve this matter. Please be assured that we take our guest’s comments seriously and keep trying to improve our services and offerings for overall customer experience.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back soon.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My Mother and I stayed at The Comfort last night. We had tickets for a show at Wembley Arena. Our first impression of the hotel was that the decoration was in need of an update! The reception staff could not have been more helpful. They organised a taxi to and from the Arena and were only too happy to help us. We were shown to our room, a twin which was clean and fresh.
Our evening meal was plentiful, good and hot. Breakfast this morning was a selection from hot and cold buffets and had a vast choice. The staff are also happy to cook to order.
All in all we found this hotel to be an excellent choice and would definately stay here again should the need arise.

Room Tip: A tired hotel in need of decoration but with excellent service, friendly staff eager to help.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MButt, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ahmedabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Positives : Good location for those who moves in north west london, enough restaurants to visit around or order food, averagely good BF, Underground near.
Negatives : Smallest Standard room I ever found after visiting 20 countries, interior not upto the level of 3star, old fashion bathrooms, service in-room and at breakfast quite average. Difficult to move to your room if you hve enough luggage.

Ok for business travellers, Be-aware Pleasure travellers.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MButt, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience. I am glad that you have enjoyed most of our services and at the same time please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you encountered during your stay with us.

Generally, our standard rooms are spacious and in good repair however, we have a couple of single rooms which are smaller than our average bed rooms. Normally we try to upgrade the single rooms’ bookers to a double / twin room; however it’s not always possible due to the occupancy levels. This in not in anyway an excuse and I am sorry that you had poor experience.

In hope in future you will give us an opportunity by staying with us, and as a gesture of goodwill we will allocate you one of our refurbished spacious rooms.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Comfort Hotel Harrow? Share your experiences!