“My Great Wedding Day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Redding | Harrow Weald, Harrow HA3 6SH, England (Formerly Grim's Dyke Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Harrow
Watford, United Kingdom
“My Great Wedding Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had my small wedding reception here and I cannot express how well myself, groom and guests were looked after. The staff could not do enough for you, always with a smile on their faces and relaxed, which made the whole day great. They really did make me feel very special on my day.

The food was excellent, again all my guests commented on the food and service and I will definately going there for a lunch

The grounds are lovely for photos as well as the hotel it's self.
If your looking for a great venue for your wedding be it a small or big one, you really must have a look at the Grim's Dyke, but what you get on the day, from the staff is even better than you could ever imagine !! wish I could do it all again !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Loads of character and history - apparently Gilbert from Gilbert and Sullivan spent a lot of time composing here. Rooms are really good even though mine was out of the way in exterior outhouse building - reception and bar was in main building - large oak doors, walls, high ceilings - bar didnt really have any character. Lovely grounds and a view over Pinner.Close to Stanmore and Rayners Lane and Harrow.You need a car to stay here as its quite isolated. Quiet rooms, comfy beds - didnt try the food as it looked a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Make sure you get directions to where your room is!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hotel and the grounds are really wonderful. The Room we stayed in was clean, light and spacious. However, Breakfast still wasnt particularly brilliant, in some aspects it was worse.
The Cold Buffet selection is still minimal. I think it would be could to offer juices other than apple and orange.
Last time I visited, there were small menus which enabled you to view what you could order. This wasnt the case this time. I [and some others within my group] asked for porridge and we were told that because it was busy, the chef would not be preparing it. I thought this was quite shocking. Also there didnt seem to much in terms of subsitutes for veggie breakfasts.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the first weekend in January 2013. This was our first visit. It was convenient for visiting family who live in north London. The main building of the hotel is quirky and interesting and set in wonderful and extensive grounds, a mixture of formal gardens and woodland.

The bedroom accommodation was in a separate more modern 1980s block not even one minute's walk from the main building, where one is able to park the car directly outside. The bedroom was similar to what one might expect in a 3 or 4 star hotel and of a good size for London. The bed was large and firm, the linen clean, the bathroom was good.

There is free high speed wifi throughout the hotel which works well. Personally I regard this as a significant advantage over many other hotels where there is no wifi or access to wifi is charged at some exorbitant rate.

My only criticism would be the breakfast. We are both vegetarians and feel there should be a proper alternative to "full English breakfast". If I order scrambled eggs and mushrooms (and I am not eating the bacon, sausage and black pudding) I would expect a more substantial serving of egg and mushrooms than in fact I was given. I would also expect the waiter to come around periodically and ask if we wanted our coffee topping up. I would also expect the waiting staff to come around and remove dishes which had been used e.g. cereal bowls which were obviously empty. The breakfast serving staff were not unpleasant but seemed lacking in training. Having said that the ambience was lovely. The regular restaurant was being refurbished and breakfast was being served in the music room, a rather elaborate wood-panelled affair with a marble fireplace.

On balance I would recommend this hotel to business travellers and anyone who is visiting friends or family in north London and might otherwise stay at a travel inn type hotel. Certainly the price we paid for bed and breakfast at the beginning of January was very competitive.

Room Tip: The accommodation is on 2 floors and there does not seem to be a lift. If you have a problem with s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shepton Mallet, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Having been disappointed with the very low quality of the Harrow Quality Inn I chose this hotel at random. What a hidden gem. Within easy contact for Harrow, Pinner and Northwood it is a beauty to behold. Immaculate rooms and excellent service. I was lucky enough to get the Gilbert Suite a four poster bed and a Victorian footed bath, but my colleages assured me other more modern rooms were also of an excellent standard... even if they were very jealous! Such are the priviliges for booking a group in. A warm welcome, helpful staff and an excellent choice of breakfast dishes. I wish I had discovered it years ago and wonder why I ever bothered to stay anywhere else !

Room Tip: Ask if you can reserve a room in the main building as I was told the walk to the garden lodge is a l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for one night (as is was within easy reach of the cemetery) and ate in the restaurant. Stayed as most will do in the new block which was fine, though a very short walk from the food. Initially the room was cold (it was -3 outside) but we were brought an electric heater immediately. The food was very good. The main communal rooms were fabulous and the only shame was we did not have enought time to really enjoy them. The grounds looked lovely, but were covered in snow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went there after Xmas. The bed rooms were clean and it is possible to bring your dog with you. In general is the decoration in the main house tired with old furniture. Bar area is ok, but all guests had to have long waiting time for their drinks and snacks (restaurant was closed for some days). Service personal was engaged, but seemed to be understaffed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel? Share your experiences!