“Rural Experience in London!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Redding | Harrow Weald, Harrow HA3 6SH, England (Formerly Grim's Dyke Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Harrow
Dunblane, United Kingdom
“Rural Experience in London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I needed a hotel for an overnight stay while visiting London for a family funeral. I had intended to use a motorway services travel-lodge but googled the Harrow area and was intrigued by the name and history attached. Price was very acceptable, location was ideal and the opportunity of decent food instead of motorway fare appealed. I was not disappointed on any of these points. The room was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful.
I arrived via the M40 and found it easily. I suspect it is even easier from the M1.
My only disappointments were the weather (too wet to enjoy the extensive gorunds) and the fact that I could not stay longer.
I intend to use it again when next needing accommodation in London.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Folkestone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My daughter and i stayed here,for the Take that concert in July,and very glad every where else closer was already booked.Its a gorgeous place very very picturesque.We were very glad it wasnt too hot however as no airconditioning,and the breakfast buffet could have been more plentiful, but considering the price paid was still very good value. We will return when we are this way again!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

What can I say about this hotel apart from it was a marvelous experience.

My husband and I weren't sure where to stay but we stumbled upon grims dyke by mistake and wow, we didnt regret it at all. Food was good but nothing special. Managers were ok too. The hotel and its garden were terrific though and we took many pictures.

But we have to compliment the barman Vincent for his impeccable service and manners.
Theres a pleasant atmosphere surrounding him and he really does go out of his way to help. We will be back;

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My wife and kids loved this place when we stayed six weeks ago.

The food was spot on and so was the service. My main problem was the lack of disability amenities which can be off putting at times. However, the service more than makes up for it, especially the barman named Winston. He was the most helpful out of the all the people there and due to that alone, we would be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

What can I say!!! One of the best value hotels I have ever stayed in. I brought the room as a place to stay after visiting wembley for the England vs Holland game and also to go into London the next day. Due to the riots the game got cancelled but we got to enjoy the hotel and I'm very pleased we did.

The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed the woodland stroll. The main hotel was stunning, only shame is that we stayed in the garden lodge not the main hotel.
This was still cost, clean and had a lovely view of the gardens.

We ate in the Gilbert restaurant, wow!!!!! A three course meal was £16.95 but we were given freshly baked rolls with compliments and a soup appetiser compliments of the chef. The food was gorgeous...with an a la carte menu worthy of fine dining. Well deserved of it's awards! The service was also polite, professional and curteous. We were very impressed.

We had a lovely time here and the beautiful surroundings and great food eased our disappointment in the match being cancelled. We will definitely be visiting again and would recommend it to anyone for any occasion, a stop over for a London visit or a romantic break away!

• Stayed August 2011
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I can't comment about the accommodation but the food and service here are great. I have brought family members here several times for lunch and always look forward to it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bushey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My friend and I went for dinner there the other night. The surroundings are magical, the atmosphere of the hotel is relaxing and the service is first class. The food was wondderful and excellent value, offering a good selection for all palets.

Highly recommended whether for family, friends or that special someone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel? Share your experiences!