“This is 5 star central london ...but in Harrow” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Harrow
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Incanto is a modern European restaurant. The restaurant is a bright and airy, dominated by a large skylight, and puts together old and new eye-catching features such as exposed wooden beams, comfortable cream banquettes and a 100-year old crystal chandelier. Our dining areas can seat up to 64, part of which is a private gallery on a mezzanine level for up to 30 diners and therefore adaptable for large and small celebrations. Incanto Restaurant was awarded its second AA Rosette for culinary excellence in November 2010. Feedback from the inspector delivered praise for the use of innovative ingredients, depth of flavours, creative presentation and excellent value for money. We are also listed in the Michelin and Good Food Guides.
UK
“This is 5 star central london ...but in Harrow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am always sceptical about the value of upmarket Italian restaurants. Leave your perceptions at the door. The owner has made this a special place , why ?. First, obviously the food - real love & care goes into the menu. The flavours in sauce on my ravioli was just sensational and the soufflé dessert was just beyond words. This is all good ...but there are more than a few a few places that serve decent food ...the award of excellent was down to the staff and particularly the owner. As we worked our way through the menu the advice of the owner was of someone who really cared for what we were going to order. Discussion was open and enlightening. I particularly liked the discussion around the wine ....my friend indicated our budgeted and the owner highlighted a wine which was a couple of pounds less... an excellent choice. Incanto is a real find. and we will be going back....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DAVID T, Owner at Incanto, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi robert092 thank you for taking the time to review and it was great to meet you. We do love what we do and have been working really hard to perfect our menus and front of house so it’s always nice to hear such lovely feedback. Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again soon, David Taylor.

“Fantastic experience - warm reception, great food and would go again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

After some great reviews on here, it doesn't disappoint. Even on a busy night the staff were attentive and helpful.

The menu is varied with a good mix of small through to large dishes. While other reviews say the portions are a bit small, I disagree - well proportioned but we did share a side with our main. The food was of an excellent standard and when the soufflé deflated we were entertained with a dessert sampler.

Overall, well tucked away, great value overall and would definitely go again.

DAVID T, Owner at Incanto, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi RobWtravel, thank you for your comments. It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed your meal and I look forward to welcoming you back to Incanto. Thanks, David Taylor.
London, England
“Between a 4 and 5 - gone for 4”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Incanto is probably one of the best "upmarket" local restaurants we go to but a few tiny things would make it even better! We had to wait quite a while to have our order taken even though about half full on a midweek evening. And the waitress who brought the bread seemed flummoxed when we asked for olives - another waiter had to take our order for those!

The food is contemporary and very nicely presented, but you will still be peckish after two courses. I didn't have dessert but the coffee was served with a lovely trio of homemade marshmallow, strawberry macaroon and salted caramel chocolate truffle.

It's definitely quite pricey for the portions but we had a lovely night out so it was worth it!

Visited May 2013
DAVID T, Owner at Incanto, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi Ratsomatic, thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to read the service you received during your visit could have been better. We aim for our portions to be sized so you can enjoy the textures and flavours without them being domineering but I appreciate this isn’t always to everyone’s taste. I am glad though that you enjoyed the evening overall and I do hope you’ll try us again – we also have a set dinner menu where you can enjoy 3 courses for £23.95 which I think you would like. Thanks, David Taylor.
Worcester
“Not an ordinary Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were passing through Harrow Lunch time when we noticed Incanto restaurant, we parked and looked up the menu and was pleasantly surprised. We ordered their three course set lunch and what a fabulous meal. For the kick off the chef sent us a Parmesan foam which was amazing. My wife and I had the slow roasted lamb served on a bed of couscous with a side order of chilli sprouting broccoli, wonderful. Followed by a dessert to die for. The whole meal was orgasmic.

• Visited April 2013
DAVID T, Owner at Incanto, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi Chaiya thank you for your lovely comments. I’m so glad you gave us a try and hope you’ll be back for more – we change our menus regularly depending on the best seasonal ingredients so you’ll have to come back for more of our desserts! Thanks again, David Taylor.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, and getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I go to Incanto every couple of months but my latest trip last night was the best yet. The food and wine list keep getting better. The antipasta is superb -- definitely try the squid. They are pulling together wonderful flavours.

DAVID T, Owner at Incanto, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi jrelzinga, thank you for your review. It’s always nice to hear feedback from our regular diners and I’m glad you are noticing the improvements we’ve been working so hard to make. In case you aren’t aware, we offer a loyalty card so you earn rewards points every time you dine at which can then be redeemed against drinks, meals or a gourmet hamper from Incanto Delicatessen – just ask one of our waiting staff the next time you’re dining with us. I hope to see you again soon, David Taylor.