“Surprisingly good, bargain priced cafe fayre” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Morrisons Cafe
Morrisons, Coldharbour Road, Gravesend DA11 8AB, England (Formerly Morrisons Customer Cafe)
01474 331409
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 91 Restaurants in Gravesend
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, English
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good, bargain priced cafe fayre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I first ate here purely by accident - I was running late, had no shopping in and my son was hungry, so we decided to eat in the cafe before shopping.

The first surprise is that kids eat free on school nights with a paying adult, so our meals together (I had 3 sausages, egg, chips and beans, and he had chicken nuggets, chips and peas which also came with a drink, fruit and a Freddo bar) cost £3.65 all in!

The food is good for what it is - a supermarket cafe. A reasonable selection of food, and we've eaten there many times now! A cordon bleu restaurant it isn't, but for good, wholesome fare prepared quickly, you can't really beat it - where else can you and a 9 year old eat a decent meal for under £4?!?

Any negatives? It can seem rather disorganised at times, and occasionally there is a wait, but otherwise, what more do you want?

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best cafe in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been goin to morrisons cafe for years and I think it's the best cafe ever their food is reasonably priced and cooked to order so always nice and fresh ... The service is very good the only thing is sometimes the queue is long but I suppose if it weren't you'd think the food wasn't up to much!!! After the refurb the place looks very welcoming and the staff there work very hard to keep it ticking along nicely and the fish and chips is better than a proper chippy

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“fish and chips are the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

although i work for morrisons i am writing this review from my own experience.we always have our dinner once a week in the cafe when we finish work if my husband is on a late.we either have the fish and chips or sausage and chips.the batter on the fish is better than any fish shop.the cooked food is cooked while you wait so you know it is fresh

“Mother's treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Whenever I take my mother shopping here, she insists on buying me lunch. The service is good as is the food choices. It is clean, efficient and well run.

“usual supermarket junk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The cafe is overpriced.The service is ok but under staffed. The food is ok but not fresh, as though it was prepared early from a microwave. portions are small.