“A satisfactory experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A satisfactory experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Delicious steak and other friends thought their food was really well cooked. Simple dishes and plenty of meat choices and steaks. Prawn starter was delicious. Feels a tad 'retro' but in a good quality way. Its been there years and has a good reputation among locals.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Great meal for family and friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The meal we had in the Beautiful South was the best i've have had for over 10 years. When you walk in you feel a real sense of atmosphere, with a sense of warmth to it. We were served straight away with VERY pleasant staff. We ordered our drinks and soon after we were handed our menus. There is a great choice with about 8 options to start with a special for starters and mains. For mains there is 3 sections to choose from: Meat, fish and pasta. With more options to choose from the specials board. I started with the french onion soup and my two other friends had melon and gravalax. My soup was delicious and the two other dishes looked delicious too.
For our mains I had Steak which was cooked perfectly with my two other friends having sea bass and calves liver. My steak was fantastic and I tried a piece of calves liver and that was gorgeous. The sea bass also looked good. We didn't have deserts but the table next to us, had deserts and they looked fabulous! I higher enjoyed my night and would defiantly go back again! One of the best in Enfield!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Had our Xmas meal there second year running”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Although it was a set meal, I thought it was excellent, would have been happy to eat any of the choices.
The only problem, is that it is very noisy when full, making conversation difficult.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Redditch, United Kingdom
“great night out with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

6 friends had a variety of starters, mains and puds.
Couldn't fault any of them. Sea bass was cooked to perfection, my steak was to die for and that was the theme for the whole meal.
Very lively place with the waiters showing just the right amount of attention.
No doubt there are better places to go but if you are thinking of going here then give it a go.
Very handy for transport links too with the tube just across the road.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Enfield, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

When we went there the service was poor and the food was well below average for the price - sauteed potatoes swimming in fat and the whole meal just not very impressive. There are dozens of better places to go in the Enfield area.