“Very good stay...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
London, United Kingdom
“Very good stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Staff friendly & stay was peaceful.

My bed was very comfy & pillow was just right.

Nice and quiet very peaceful, what else can you ask for.
I would like to try another hotel in the area but why go anywhere else if I can't find faults with Holtwhites..

This hotel was perfectly priced and cheapest in the area. BARGAIN....

Kindest regards
EarnMoneySuperFast.com

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Holtwhites H, Manager at Holtwhites Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2015
Dear Sir / Madam
The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to find that your stay in our hotel was a good one and we will be happy to see you again soon. Sincerely, Ioana Baciu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked this at short notice whilst in Enfield on business. This was the only hotel in the area with availability; beggars can't be choosers was my attitude, especially after looking on here.

I was pleasantly surprised, and ended up staying here again a few days later on the same trip. Both rooms were more than acceptable, and most importantly clean. First stay I was on the top floor, so headroom was a bit tight. The second room was quite a bit bigger, although both had small densities.

Remember where you are, think about how much you're paying, and you'll be fine. No complaints from me!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I phoned before arriving to confirm a time that my family and I would arrive. They only had a double room booked for us but I explained that I booked 6 weeks in advance and had booked a double room with an adjoining room for the children. They wanted to charge me an extra £59 on top of the previous price agreed. I was not happy and told the receptionist to contact her manager and phone me back. I waited half an hour, no phone call so phoned back and was told yes they would agree to the original price.......the alarms should have started ringing then!
We arrived at the hotel, on a junction with a VERY busy crossroads (not mentioned on their website) The building looked lovely but as soon as you enter the building I realised it was not a hotel but more of a hostel or DSS hotel. It stunk of cigarettes, the carpets were filthy and the reception counter area was all covered with a plastic shield. It looked like there may be trouble here on a regular basis.
The receptionist was very nice but wanted payment before we saw the room. My husband paid but I told him not too. We were taken up to our rooms. Once I opened the doors I truly wished that we had not booked this place. The room looked grumby and smelt of cigarettes, the windows were wide open at 7pm, obviously to let out the smoke! The ensuite was ina tiny cupboard and we could not shut the door once sitting on the loo. The loo had old toilet paper in it and the shower clearly had not been cleaned as there was still soap scum on the tiles. The carpet was filthy and clearly had not been hoovered for a while. When I went to close the windows I saw outside on the ledge roughly 70 cigarettes butts. NICE! The sheets were clean but I did not have the guts to look under the bottom sheet. Our childrens room was still grubby but did not smell of cigarettes. Our sleep was the worst experience ever. There was constant traffic and we could not sleep at all. And to top it all there was no breakfast. It was the worst 'hotel' i have ever stayed in and for others to give it great reviews astound me. Please do not stay here go to a travel lodge!

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Holtwhites H, Manager at Holtwhites Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2015
Dear Sir / Madam
The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. However, we are disappointed about the comments you have made on your experience with us. Firstly, we had no record of the rate you mentioned or a query about a rate when you contacted us, however, as a gesture of goodwill I decided to honour the perceived agreement which meant that you were obtaining 2 rooms for the fraction of the cost. The Hotel is a non-smoking hotel, however sometimes, as do many hotels, we have a guest that break the rules. As soon as we are aware we deal with the situation and if needed charge the guest for a treatment of the room to remove the smoke smell. I would agree that the toilet is a little tight in the adjoining room, however, you should have been shown the room prior to being charged as is our policy so can't understand why you state that this was not the case. Toilet rolls are replaced and the room thoroughly cleaned every day and double checked so again do not understand how your have experienced the soap scum on the tiles. In terms of the traffic noise, the hotel picture on our and our partner websites show the hotel on a corner of the road and a search on google maps or conversation with reception would have made that clear, however we will take steps to make this clearer to potential guests. Alternatively the reception team would of been more than happy to relocate you to the back of the hotel if this was possible. Since your stay, we are happy to inform you that the hotel has now changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more.
We would hope that you would choose to stay with us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to provide you with an excellent experience. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this experience any further.
Regards,Ioana Baciu
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very very noisy, cig smells throughout, crap rugs, very hot, open a window and get all the road noise. Also seems to be a mental health institute behind the hotel. You get what you pay for though, check out after night of absolutely no sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet our high standards. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectation and create memorable experiences. There have been a number of smoking rooms but we have now refurbished them and we are a non-smoking hotel. In regards with the heat in your room, the radiator is on a thermostat controller and the heating in the room can be easily adjusted. I am sure that our members of staff would have been happy to help you with this issue. The hotel it is located on a main road and there is a time during the day or night when the road is very busy and is a lot of noise but we are trying to solve this by installing double glazing to all windows.
At the back of the hotel is a Person Centred Care Home that is specialised in care for persons with Autism. The centre is opened from 9AM to 4PM weekdays.
I really hope to see you again! Ioana Baciu
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The only good point of this hotel was its location!! I should have paid heed to the other reviews. The minute you go in the front door you are greeted by the stink of smoke! If this hotel has been recently refurbished then I could find no evidence of this. The paintwork on the walls was filthy, carpet has horrible stains on it, hot water coming out of cold tap, the pillows were so thin they were practically non existant! Creaking floor boards and horribly uncomfortable mattresses, I could feel the springs coming through! My advice would simply be "DONT GO THERE"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam
The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I am happy to inform you that the hotel has now changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more! We apologize for the problem you had with the water in your bathroom.
The good news is that our investments continue and soon will have a new lounge area where guests can serve breakfast in the morning and relax at the same time.
I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at reservations@holtwhites.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our improved hotel! Kind regards,Ioana Baciu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed for one night last night. The room was awful.

The noise from the road was very loud and so we were unable to open the windows.

The room was very hot with only a small fan.

We were continually woken up by guests shouting and slamming doors in the early hours. We could also hear people talking in other rooms.

I will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for your candid review of your stay at Holtwhites Hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every day. I am happy to inform you that the hotel has now new owners and a fantastic management team. Together they have managed to change completely the hotel face in and out. There are newly redecorated rooms, new carpets, new reception and I am pleased to tell that soon we are going to have a new lounge area where our guests can also have breakfast in the morning and relax at the same time. The hotel being located on a main road there is time during the day or night when a lot of traffic and noise is, but we are trying to reduce it by changing the windows in all the rooms to double glazing.
I really hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at reservations@holtwhites.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. With much appreciation,Ioana Baciu
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is my second time at the Holtwhites Hotel and it is even better than the last time, the whole hotel has been refurbished and the staff are lovely.
The person who wrote the last review clearly stayed somewhere else and is confused.
The price is brilliant it is clean and basic and fabulously situated so you can go into Enfield town and have a shop.
Also just a couple of minutes walk is a lovely pub by the river, great for lunch and a pint.
I can highly recommend the Holtwhites bakery too, their soda raisin bread is to die for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir / Madam,
The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to find that your stay in our hotel was a good one and we will be happy to see you again soon. Ioana Baciu

Been to Holtwhites Hotel? Share your experiences!