I found it odd that there was no information on the website regarding Christmas or New Year's Eve packages and therefore contacted the venue to enquire. After my second call the brochure was finally emailed but my question unanswered about the cost of upgrading the room and whether entertainment was included in the price.
I was due to go for afternoon tea that week and thought it a good opportunity to ask the question again. The afternoon tea experience did not impress as our table was set for four, correct, but with three chairs and we were situated in the middle of a wedding party! We felt very awkward and I'm sure the wedding party felt the same. I asked if we could be moved to another area which they organised and the food was delicious. However, it soon became apparent that we had been forgotten as we would have liked to have had more tea and the plates taken away. I then walked through the wedding party to reception for assistance.
Upon leaving I asked the receptionist for the answers to our questions about the New Year's Eve package but she pointed out that she had only been with the company three days and needed to refer our enquiry to the Events Manager. I was informed that they were having a meeting about these type of questions in a couple of days, so I left my contact details and was promised a call back. Three days later there was no sign of my call so I chased again. I left my details with the receptionist who said that hopefully the Events Manager would call me back, I stressed that out of courtesy I expected my call to be returned that day.
Upon speaking with the Events Manager, Crystal, I asked why there was no information available online regarding their Christmas packages to which I was told "Laura Ashley look after the site." I asked what the cost of upgrading the room was and I was put on hold while the calculation was made. My last question was whether entertainment was included in the price. "I'm not sure, I've only been here two months and have never done Christmas here before." Clearly nobody has but I was surprised that none of these questions had been preempted. I was left feeling frustrated and disappointed with the service and it certainly does not fill me with confidence to make a booking here for Christmas or New Year's Eve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, Hertfordshire. The hotel is set in 10 acres of gardens and natural woodland. With views overlooking the Hertfordshire countryside and central London, the hotel is ideally situated with convenient rail and road links to London - only 20 minutes by rail from London and 9 miles by road, an ideal starting point to discover the surrounding area or a peaceful retreat to get away from it all. There are 49 rooms, a fine restaurant, wedding facilities, a bar, meetings, events and banqueting facilities as well as garden areas. The hotel was bought by Laura Ashley PLC in 2012, making this the first of the company's boutique hotels. The hotel has a variety of rooms and suites available in either the main tudor house or the contemporary wing. Each room has been exclusively and individually designed by the Laura Ashley design service team, providing a truly unique style. Our Junior & premium suites (the Knightsbridge, Grosvenor and Mayfair) also have a separate lounge area. Today, the gardens have been brought back to life, capturing the feel of a true English garden. Leading from the lawn to the pond is the rose arbour, with its dramatic climbing roses. Above all, there is enough space for an enjoyable walk around the garden. Original period features have been restored to their former glory, creating a charming and charismatic venue for business or pleasure. The hotel also houses a multitude of modern conveniences ensuring a pleasurable and carefree stay is guaranteed.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgwarebury Hotel And Restaurant
- Elstree Corus Hotel
- Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree United Kingdom