“"Good... but not the best Chinese in town!"” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: http://www.chopsticks-restaurant.co.uk/didcot/home.html
Description: http://www.chopsticks-restaurant.co.uk/didcot/home.html
Oxford, United Kingdom
“"Good... but not the best Chinese in town!"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been to Chopsticks on a number of occasions and although the food/service has always been ok (whether you are eating in or ordering a takeaway) I have usually been left slightly underwhelmed in comparison to other Chinese Takeaways or Restaurants in or around Didcot, Oxfordshire.

In my opinion, I would advise that people try the following establishments instead:

Takeaway - Chois, which is just slightly further down the Broadway in Didcot near the cross roads traffic lights.

Restaurant - Shankie Le, which is a 5-10 min drive away from Didcot in a village called Cholsey.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

very average greasy food service good ,well priced easy to get to ,food very bland some tables better than others one by the kitchen not the best in the house perfect for a meal with the girls after several bottles of wine it will look better

Visited October 2012
“Food poisoning AVOID”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Avoid avoid avoid. This place is absolutley digusting my wife and I are just recovering from 2 days of food poisoning from this place.Food is horrible and greasy and god knows what goes on in the kitchen.Lets hope it's shut down soon

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Almost always at least 8/10!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have been going to Chopsticks for many years, always good for a couple or a party. The seaweed is the best, as are the duck pancakes, the chicken wings and ribs... in fact most of the food is good as long as it's hot. Yes of course some is deep fat fried and most of the food is unhealthy (though not all!) but that's why you go every once in a while for a treat! The majority of the staff are extremely welcoming. The enormous fish tank I love. And the prices are very good!

Visited September 2012
Reading
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We arrived at the restaurant in good time but were ushered into a very tight corner where our table was. I was very dissapointed as I had booked this 3 weeks ago but we were told that they were busy so thats all they could offer. This table is designed for 2 people and not 3.

We felt very rushed in choosing the food we wanted and did not really have much time to make our selections.

The table was so small we did not really have much room for the food to be put down. And they kept asking us to move things so they could put them down.

The food was all fried and quite bland with not much taste. My husband also cut his lip on a broken plastic spoon that he used for his soup.

They also rush to take the plates away before everyone has finished eating. This is not very good as again you feel rushed to eat the food.

Overall the experience was not what I expected and we were very unhappy and would not be visiting this restaurant again or recommend it.

• Visited September 2012