This was our second stay at this hotel, the first being just after it opened. This time there were more families staying, which is to be expected being so close to Chessington World of Adventures. Therefore, you have to bear in mind that there are a lot of over excited children, if you are not prepared to accept this it may not be the hotel for you. We used it as a base to go up to London and walked to the train station which is only 10 mins away about 500 yards, the journey time was 35 mins to Waterloo.
We had booked a DB&B package but with dinner on the 1st night only. This was from a set menu and frankly we were not impressed, on the second night we went to the Monkey Puzzle Pub (200 yards) here we had a much better meal. Breakfast, however, on both mornings was excellent.
What really made our stay special was the service we received from Louise on Reception, we booked in only to discover the room we had been allocated had just a shower, we trooped back down to reception to to ask to be moved to a room with a bath. Louise began to do this with a smile, even though she must have been frustrated having just booked us in. There was a problem with the computer system, which she couldn't resolve so a colleague took over, changed the room and then informed us there would be an extra charge of 30 pounds, by this point we just wanted to get in the room so figured 15 pound a night wasn't too bad, however, it turned out to be per night !!! As we were holding up everyone else in reception we agreed reluctantly later that evening we saw Louise in the Restuarant and complained that we felt the extra charge was unfair, she agreed and went a spoke to the Duty Manager and returned to inform us the charge had been removed and apologised. This action will insure we return again, if the charge had remained we would not have returned.... now that's good business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to an African inspired reserve with zebras, antelopes, ostriches and the very rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roaming freely before your very eyes - it’s the ultimate room with a Zoo! The hotel is perfect for family breaks with safari theming, African Adventure rooms, an indoor swimming pool, gym & spa, Nintendo Wii Room, Movie Club and the fantastic Zafari Bar & Grill, the hotel is part of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and is just a few strides away from the Park. On weekends and during school holidays there are also animal meet and greets and character breakfasts. The hotel also has state of the art corporate facilities with 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, air conditioning and high speed internet access. At the theme park take on the KOBRA, our exciting new spinning disc ride in Wild Asia, soar on the Vampire roller coaster through the depths of Transylvania or take a fiery spin round Dragon’s Fury. Take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre or journey to our new Wanyama Village & Reserve where the zebras and antelopes roam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chessington Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Chessington Hotel Chessington
- Holiday Inn Chessington
- Chessington Holiday Inn
- Chessington Safari Hotel Surrey