First impressions , lovely staff, nice looking hotel, typical of Holiday Inn. My husband and I got our children and ourselves ready to go swimming only to be told that when we got to the pool we needed to go on a waiting list, which was currently running at 35 minutes, my 4 year old was not happy at all! So make sure if the hotel is busy and you want to swim, book a slot. I was not informed that when leaving the resort by car that a code was required for the barrier to open, nobody was answering the call bell at the barrier and therefore I had to ask the 2 cars behind us to reverse (they were not told either) to allow me to go back to hotel to ask for the code, which is 1234 doh, I should have known. To top it all the hotel had a wedding party and the music was extremely loud, by 10pm I phoned the hotel reception to enquire at what time the music would stop and was told at midnight, they apologised but there was nothing they could do! I know that we were not the only family who complained. If you are wanting to stay at this hotel it might be worth checking that they have no weddings or any other loud events taking place during your stay. Also if you are planning to stay off peak season Oct-March it is probably not worth paying the extra money for the reserve view as the animals are shut away at 5pm. Mattresses very hard and uncomfortable, not what you usually get at a Holiday Inn. The cooked breakfast was also not very warm. A rather expensive but not enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to an African inspired reserve with zebras, antelopes, ostriches and the very rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roaming freely before your very eyes - it’s the ultimate room with a Zoo! The hotel is perfect for family breaks with safari theming, African Adventure rooms, an indoor swimming pool, gym & spa, Nintendo Wii Room, Movie Club and the fantastic Zafari Bar & Grill, the hotel is part of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and is just a few strides away from the Park. On weekends and during school holidays there are also animal meet and greets and character breakfasts. The hotel also has state of the art corporate facilities with 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, air conditioning and high speed internet access. At the theme park take on the KOBRA, our exciting new spinning disc ride in Wild Asia, soar on the Vampire roller coaster through the depths of Transylvania or take a fiery spin round Dragon’s Fury. Take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre or journey to our new Wanyama Village & Reserve where the zebras and antelopes roam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chessington Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Chessington Hotel Chessington
- Holiday Inn Chessington
- Chessington Holiday Inn
- Chessington Safari Hotel Surrey