“Brilliant customer service, fantastic instructors” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Activities in Castleford
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Brilliant customer service, fantastic instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've just finished my last lesson, this was my second attempt and I have to say I'm really pleased the last one didn't stop me going again. The instructors and staff were so supportive (I get very flappy and nervous, partly the reason my last lesson went so wrong, not for want of my instructor trying). The instructors generally were incredibly patient with me, gave me some brilliant advice and overall went out of their way to make my experience a much better one. I've gotta take my hats off to Brian, Phil and Liam (though not an instructor yet, a great help on the lifts!), they are great. Cannot wait to go back on the big slope and fall. Price wise I guess it's pretty pricey, but they are well worth it as you don't need to worry about equipment etc, plus you get a free hour to play with once you've passed the last lesson! Tip for anyone who gets a bit nervous/flappy, don't overthink and be explicit with your instructor, they do listen! Definitely a good place to learn, take your time and go for it! Overall it's been a good experience, few bumps but you are really made to feel at ease! :)

Snozone, General Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Emma T

Thank you so much for your review of your visit to Snozone, and for taking the time to write this.

I was delighted to read that you had such a positive experience and that the team were able to support you through the learning process. I have passed these comments to the team and also to Brian, Phil and Liam who will be thrilled.

Snozone is an ideal place to learn to ski or snowboard, and wintersports are a great way to keep active, and spend social time with friends and family. I hope that you continue to make the most of the benefits that snowsport can provide.

We value all our customer feedback and appreciate it takes time to post these reviews, so thank you once again.

“First rate experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I have spent the last 4 weeks learning to snowboard here, and it has been fantastic. Yes it is a little pricey but you get a lot for your money. Even after the 4 lessons you get a free hour on the slope.
The instructors have been fantastic - especially Phil and Brian. They even gave advice after I had finished learning.
Incredibly friendly people and somewhere I will be continuing to go.

Snozone, General Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Jodiem 14

I was delighted to read that you had such a positive experience, I have passed these comments to the team and also to Phil and Brian who will be thrilled.

All customer feedback is vital to us so we can monitor our performance and make improvements where necessary, so thank you again for taking the time to add this review and wonderful recommendation

Cleckheaton, England, United Kingdom
“1st snowboarding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently went along to my 1st ever snowboarding lesson @ Sno!Zone Castleford and would like to say how fab it was. All the staff were great but especially our instructor Robert. Despite being nervous before the lesson (I did beginners level 1) my mind was soon put at ease and I was engrossed in the lesson. The instructors enthusiasm was catching and I was soon eager to perfect my skills further. One of our group did not like snowboarding (if you never try you never know eh?!) But Robert was brilliant with them....encouraging greatly and when they had decided that it wasn't for them then he was supportive about this and continued to include them in the lesson and talk to them whilst they sat at the side and watched. All in all a fabulous evening was had and I'll definitely be back for my Level 2 course (I think I may have the snowboarding bug!) High Fives to the sno!zone team!

Snozone, General Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Harriet

I was delighted to read that you had such a positive experience, I have passed these comments to the team and also to Robert who will be thrilled.

Snozone is an ideal place to learn new skills and keep active for people of all ages and ability. I really hope that you continue to progress through the levels, and make the most of the benefits that snowsports can provide.

Selby
“Snozone ladies night - superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am a regular on the ladies night sessions at Snozone at xscape. They run for 2 hours every Monday night and then we all go for a social drink up at the bar afterwards. I can't praise these coaching sessions enough. We spend 2 hours of quality coaching time being coached by Jane. One of their best snowboarding coaches. Since going to these sessions I have improved my skill level a great deal and have started working on some freestyle skills. My partner has also now started going to the ladies skiing sessions too, which she enjoys a great deal. These skiing sessions with Julie have really improved her skill level and confidence a great deal.
Jane also gave me the idea of bringing my school down for a day, which I have now organised for a good deal. I look forward to taking the school there in the summer.
I strongly recommend ladies night, both the snowboard and ski sessions to anyone looking to build confidence and their skill level.

Snozone, General Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear peuc45

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your visit to Snozone, and for taking the time to write this.

I was delighted to read that you and your partner have had such a positive experience and I have passed these comments on to Jane and Julie who will be thrilled.

Snozone is an ideal place to learn new skills and keep active for people of all ages and ability and it is great to see an example of how this is all possible with great tuition from our instructors.

All feedback is important to us so we can monitor performance and continually strive to improve the service we provide, so thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back on the slopes very shortly.

Wetherby, England, United Kingdom
“Level 2 Ski Lesson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just come back from a level 2 ski lesson with Paul S at Snozone, Castleford. It was a great lesson but sadly I did not pass. The instructor was great at helping to build my confidence. The Nursery slope was the very busy tonight (6/7/2013 at 6.15pm) and I did run into another instructor!! My children (age 6 & 8) completed Level 4 last weekend and have really enjoyed their lessons and now can't wait for their holiday in March next year. I can't fault the instructors and staff at Castleford. The follow up calls after my lesson to check everything as ok was also great.
Tonights lesson was the first one for me where adults and children 11 - 15 were in the same lesson. I for one am not sure about this. In a class of 7, I was the only adult. Children seem to pick up skiing so much quicker . As a nervous adult this was a little off putting. I would be interested to know why Snozone have decided to incorporate them together. I am looking to book another Level 2 lesson shortly.

Snozone, General Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear SharonK

I was delighted to read that you and your family have had such a positive experience, I have passed these comments on to the staff and also to Paul who will be thrilled.

Snozone is an ideal place to learn new skills and keep active for people of all ages and ability and also to prepare for your holiday.

All feedback is important to us so we can monitor performance and continually strive to improve the service we provide and as a result we have taken steps to revert back to teaching 11-15 year olds and adults separately. If you would like some assistance booking your level 2 lesson and to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact me at zoe.fenner@snozoneuk.com So thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back on the slopes very shortly.