“Fantastic Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We "found" this restaurant by accident last weekend whilst walking back to our car, as it's tucked behind the shops in Northgate. We were looking at the menu in the window when a gentleman, who we now know was Nigel, came out, spoke to us and invited us in for a look around. This is a very new restaurant and, as we love indian food, we gladly accepted. The downstairs is quite plain but very clean and inviting. He then took us upstairs and Wow! The room is stunning with beautiful lighting, extremely comfortable seating (I have a bad back so this is important to me), tables discreetly far enough apart and a wonderful atmosphere. We promptly booked for the following weekend (yesterday).

We turned up last night and were very warmly welcomed, by name, the minute we walked through the door, by the owner. We were taken straight upstairs to our table and asked if it was suitable for us, were we happy with it as, if not, we could sit elsewhere. Needless to say we were happy with it and so our meal began.

Our waiter, Nigel, was so helpful. We had chatted to him at length last week and he remembered everything we had said and so, recommended we have the lemon and lime to drink as this would "bring back memories" of our visits to India. We went with this and he was absolutely right, it certainly did! We then made our selection of dishes, very helpfully guided by Nigel, and were certainly not disappointed. The food was absolutely delicious and can best be summed up by my partner's comment that "it is the best Indian food I have ever had in my life, including when I was in India"! I can only agree with his comment. Everything from the poppadoms and relishes at the start of our meal to the masala tea at the end of the meal was superb. The price was very reasonable, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect. Contrary to a previous review, we found the music to be what it should be in a restaurant, in the background and very relaxing.

I have never been in a restaurant where I have seen waiters work so hard! They never stop for a second, running up and down stairs, with a smile on their faces constantly, eager to please and happy to do whatever is necessary to make your visit perfect.

As an aside, my partner works in the pest control industry and is a nightmare to go out for a meal with as he is always checking hygiene in serving areas, kitchens if possible etc. Whilst we were paying our bill and chatting to the manager we could see directly into the kitchen and, praise on praise, when we left he said to me "That kitchen is spotless! They pay attention to detail".

We will certainly be back and, as we live very locally, this will become a regular for us, both for a night out or, as they also do take-away, a night in!

I highly recommend this restaurant for an excellent dining experience and wonderful food. Thank you to the staff for an amazing evening last night.

• Visited September 2013

“nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I came with my wife & my 2 yr old son(yusuf) in the booth last week during the week on wed. Great food, great service from the guy with glasses who is at an older age but dosent look that old lol. Jazkallah. I.a will be coming soon but Would av been good if music was switched off upstairs.

• Visited September 2013
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food. A must for all Haloodies. The portions were reasonable, the ingredients were fresh. Thank you Naeem for a great service.
Would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant and very tasty freshly prepared food but the service was a let down. There werent enough waiters for the demand considering it was a weekend. Parking on site is a bonus.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Accrington, United Kingdom
“Average experience all around.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Considering this restaurant presents itself as sophisticated and fine-dining, there isn't much which would make it seem so upper class.

There's quite a variety and decent range on the menu, though some of the choices weren't actually available. Price is certainly not on the expensive side considering the food itself was all quite positive - all well prepared and no problems with any of the meals we had, with a good range of flavours being brought out through the dishes. However some of the mains were brought out quite a bit before the others, and we weren't even finished with the starters. Whether they were already made and waiting, or confusion between the waiters. Either way it didn't add well to the experience.

However our main waiter was helpful, especially with choosing/recommending desserts - which were truly fantastic. They've got a good selection of options I've not normally seen at other restaurants; personally as soon as I saw the mango and passion fruit cheesecake - I was hooked. Definitely save space for them here!

The decor was somewhat interesting; quite a new restaurant so it was still somewhat pristine. But the biggest let down about the whole place personally was the bathrooms. Single gender-split cubicles with a shared sink put in a corner, in quite a dimly lit bathroom which wasn't particularly clean, needing a good wipe down and some sprucing up and redecorating/rebuilding certainly wouldn't go amiss.

All in all an average dining experience, and will likely attend again one day but not any time soon.

• Visited May 2013