“Great evening, I can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yu and You restaurant and bar

Yu and You restaurant and bar
500 Longsight Road, Copster Green | Rishton, Blackburn BB1 9EU, England
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Great evening, I can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Traveling up from London I was apprehensive about my visit. Fear not. The staff were great. The owner added a personal touch and was a very nice guy. The food was great. Service with a smile. The atmosphere was great. In terms of value it's a bit on the high side but expected and justified when your an award winning business. Overall one of the best resturants I've been to. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The best oriental food you're ever going to eat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

It's not cheap... But you get what you pay for at this elegant, modern and friendly family run establishment.
By setting a price per head and asking the maitre d' to make the selection for us, we sampled some of the most insanely flavourful food we've ever tasted.
Salt and pepper squid was to die for, the wagyu beef melted in your mouth and was seared to perfection. King prawns so large the likes of which I've never seen in the uk... I could happily rave on.

I am a big lover of all things oriental and rarely complain at an opportunity to sample any eastern cuisine but my husband and I found ourselves finding excuses to rebook before we'd even finished our starters.

It's a 40 minute drive for us to get to Yu and You's.
I'd drive 4 hours for food this good.

Table for two please!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After many journeys past the restaurant and promises of a nice meal out together, my partner and I finally got around to trying Yu and You. As soon as you walk in, you are immediately hit with the impressive bar and friendly staff. We began the evening with some pre-dinner drinks which were probably the best cocktails we've ever had. The atmosphere around the bar was great and saw a few couples dining around expansive bar which I think I will try on my next visit. When it came to the food we opted for a 'bespoke banquet' as everything looked so good we didn't know what to choose. The food was unbelievable, full of fresh and original flavours, and even better than we had expected. We then progressed back to the bar to spend the rest of the night working our way through the delicious cocktails. We would like to extend our gratitude to all the staff for making our night so special, and cannot wait for another excuse to visit.

• Visited June 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wow what a evening, there was 12 of us in the party and it was outstanding from start to finish.
The food was fabulous and service very slick. I will return.

• Visited May 2013
Preston
“Don't Bother”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our first visit to the restaurant and will definitely be our last. After seeing the restaurant on Gordon's Best Restaurant in 2010 and passing it several times on our way to Yorkshire we finally got round to going and were really looking forward to it.
As stated in the previous review the food is average and no better than a good quality takeaway but the prices are steep and not worth it. The service is not what you would expect either when paying those prices.
There is no atmosphere either and what really put me off was being greeted by front of house when we arrived with "would you guys like a drink at the bar or go to your table"
I appreciate that is expression seems to be the norm these days but I as a female do not like to be referred to as a guy! I certainly don't expect to hear this in what is supposedly a top class restaurant. I replied I am not a guy and the front of house looked at me in surprise and never even apologised. To make matters worse he came to the table halfway through the meal and referred to us as you guys again which beggars belief!
Don't waste your money coming here support your local restaurants which are probably far better and which is what we normally do and wish we had on this occasion.

• Visited June 2013