Booked this hotel last minute as we had tickets to go and see Jason Manford and needed a place to stay overnight. Hotel would be fine other than the fact it is across the road to Ewood Park. I had been to the pub in previous years when they were in the premiership but had not realised what it was called or that they had a lodge attached! I was a little disappointed when I realised that Blackburn were at home that day which always means crowds of football fans. Luckily for us we arrived at 15.15 so crowds were already at the stadium. The rear car park is for the lodge which was heaving but we did manage to squeeze into the last tiny space. The car park at the front of the lodge/bar was full as they used it for match day parking which never happened when they were in the premiership. If you are staying here when there is a match on make sure you plan your arrival times to miss the crowds.
Now for the hotel, all in all it was pretty basic, but clean and comfortable enough for what we paid. We normally use Premier Inn's for 1/2 night stopovers but was already booked. I would have to say that they appear to have based their style on them but it feels outdated. The window in the room would not open so by morning it felt stuffy. Doors slammed shut no slow closers on them. Bathroom was a tight squeeze but ok.
You do need to ensure you get a token to get out of the car park, receptionist did not tell us this and there was no one on reception when we were leaving, luckily a member of the bar staff was arriving and passed us a token to get out.
If like us you are just visiting Blackburn to go into the town centre, bus stop is on the main road, £2.00 into town which dropped us off in the town centre within a few minutes and it was easy enough to catch the bus back from the bus station so at least you can have a couple of drinks whilst you are out.
All in all stay was fine, we did not eat/drink at the pub so can not comment. The lodge served it's purpose but would not want to stay longer than the one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 minutes from M65 Junction 4, The Fernhurst is perfectly situated for business meetings, celebrations or as a base to discover the East Lancashire region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Fernhurst Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernhurst Arms Hotel Blackburn
- Fernhurst Lodge Blackburn, Lancashire