“It is what it is!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cannock
Morecambe
“It is what it is!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Couldn't fault service or overall product. Adjoining beefeater food and service superb especially breakfast. Requested both extra tea/coffee and pillows which were given with a smile. Would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Cannock South.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you could not fault our service or product. This is what we strive for at Premier Inn.

I will pass on your comments to our adjoining restaurant's General Manager as I am sure he will be very happy to hear these and so that he can share them with his team.

We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

good friendly place with a welcome even at 2.00 in the morning lovely clean environment and all facilities that are needed nice size car park which felt secure and decent beefeater restaurant next to it

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Premier Inn guarantee all of our guests a comfortable stay, and I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our facilities and cleanliness. My team will also be very happy to hear that you had a warm welcome on arrival.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

suffolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed for one night over the Xmas period while visiting family. Hadn't stayed here for a couple of years. Welcome from receptionist very good, room warmish but we turned radiator up before we went out. The unfortunate part was the bed which was one of the worst we have ever slept in. Had a dreadful night with bed far too soft for us. Did mention it to morning receptionist but she seemed very surprised - said they were quite new. Although we visit Cannock quite often not sure will rush back here too soon.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us over the Christmas period.

I am pleased to hear you found your welcome on arrival very good from my receptionist. However, I am very sorry to hear that you had an uncomfortable sleep due to the mattress in your room being too soft for you.

All of our mattresses are supplied and designed by Hypnos and to help us maintain our high standards that we strive for in Premier Inn, we did have them all replaced in April 2013, along with bed bases and sofa beds.

I do hope that we as a team can welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Have stayed a couple of times here. Rooms are comfortable but starting to show their age. Cannot comment on the breakfast as McDonalds is across the roundabout and they only charge £1.99. Wifi is free for a limited time, would prefer hotels to stop charging for wifi. Staff are very friendly and so will return. Car parking can get awkward due to Beefeater customers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you have found your rooms comfortable when staying with us. As a team, we are continuing to look for ways to improve our hotel so that we can always maintain our high standards that we guarantee to all of our guests.

My Team will be happy to know you find them very friendly and that you would be happy to stay with us again.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

First time at this PI for us!
Easily accessible off the A5 heading into Cannock, but straight away I will point out that the Satnav may try to send you onto the M6Toll. You dont need to do this! The A5 will lead you right up to the PI.
Anyway, an average PI this one. Our room was a little cosy and small but not unpleasant!
Staff were friendly but I fear overworked as I will explain later.
Theres a big enough car park with an overflow as the in house restaurant is a Beefeater. The restaurant was all ok. Being fans of Beefeater this one was as good as any weve been to.
Back to the PI, our only niggle was the fact, once again, that the cleaners are about at 9am. That i can handle, but they DONT NEED TO TALK LOUD TO EACH OTHER!!! It woke me up and we then got ready to leave 2 hrs earlier than planned.
When we went to mention it to the receptionist on leaving, she was on her own and concentrating on a phone booking. After a minute of waiting with no acknowledgement, we just left.
Overall view. It was nice enough. Would we go again? Yes

Room Tip: Ask for a room out the back if you are a light sleeper. The insulation is good but just be prepared!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Cannock South.

Im glad to hear that you found your room cosy and pleasant to stay in. I'm also pleased that you found my staff friendly, but I do sincerely apologise that you were awoken by our maids on the morning. I will be taking the time to speak to them all to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Please also accept my apologies that you were unable to leave this feedback on your departure due to reception being on the telephone with no acknowledgement. If you would like to speak to me further about this, please don't hesitate to contact me via my email address at PITL.CannockSouth@Whitbread.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

staff need to learn how to wait on and get food out hot not waiters fault but chefs waiting staff sould refill things when run out and not leave to last minute and to empty tables after each course. beds a bit hard room warm and large. the staff on arrivial very helpful and so was the night porter.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Cannock South, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Well having had a previous horrendous stay at a nearby hotel, I chose to come here for my return trip....wisest decision i made! The rooms were really comfortable - great pillows - staff could not do enough to help in both the premier inn and the beefeater. Great breakfast, plenty of choice, rooms clean, plenty of parking, I could go on and on. If I ever had to come back this way I would have no hesitation in staying here again or even recommending it to others, the staff are an absolute credit!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Cannock South.

I am extremely pleased to hear you had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. This is what we strive for as a team and brand. I will be passing on your feedback to the General Manager of the Beefeater as he will be happy to hear of your comments, and will also share this with my team.

It's great to hear you would recommend us, and we all wish to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Been to Premier Inn Cannock South? Share your experiences!