“Lovely terrace for sweet summer evenings” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Netherlands
“Lovely terrace for sweet summer evenings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The terrace of this restaurant is located directly at the small river Amstel in the very picturesque village of Ouderkerk, close to Amsterdam. The staff is extremely friendly. The core staff is professional, but the ones hired for busy evenings not: we noticed that several dishes first went to wrong tables. The food is OK, nothing special, but you are here for the views! Reserving for the terrace is highly recommended on sunny days.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Barcelona
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Nice restaurant located in a nice place. Food is OK, but nothing special. Service a bit slow.
I have been for dinner and was dark due to winter, but I expect to repeat the experience to valuate the surroundings.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
England
“Nice enough, no complaints”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was treated to a meal by a friend who is now a bit of a local. He was very excited to bring me to the town of Ouderkerk. However, forgot that the nights were drawing in so I did not get to see much of the town itself, although what I saw was pretty enough.
My friend has eaten here a couple of times with family and always had a good meal.
We did not have bags of time so opted for mains only. We were greeted and seated promptly with a friendly smiling waitress who was efficient, smartly presented and possessed none of the churlish Dutch service that I had found elsewhere over the weekend.
We were told the specials and offered a glass of bubbly as the menu had just changed. The menu offered enough choice though was not outstanding in anyway. A variety of pastas, pizzas and mains such as chicken / steak with salad and frites.
We both opted to for steak and I have to say it was very tasty. Cooked exactly to order and flavoursome. However, I do feel that the cut of meat could have been a bit larger for e19 and perhaps a few more frites and salad. I did find that I was hungry again a few hours later. That said, we had an early dinner (around sixish).
The meal was cooked and delivered quickly and the staff were available. As I said though, we were there early on a Sunday evening, so I cannot comment on what it is like later in the evening or on a Friday/Saturday night.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“nice location, mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

on a summer's day, an attractive proposition... food mediocre and overpriced, but then we're in 'rich folks' territory'..... :-)

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Good food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We went for a dinner at the Groot Paardenburg with our family, we thought that the food was excellent, although the A la carete was fairly limited. Service was very slow but waiter apologized as they were shortstaffed.

• Visited April 2012