“One of my favourite meals ever” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“One of my favourite meals ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Loetje restaurants have been favourites of mine and my partner's for already 2 years. We have been regulars to the Loetje aan de Amstel and always know what we want to order. If you wake me up in the middle of the night and ask,'What would you want to have if we go out tomorrow?', I would not hesitate and answer- Loetje steak in Bali sauce. This is what I always order, my partner goes for the regular steak, and sometime we share chicken and bacon salad. Delicious, absolutely. It is noisy, true, but we don't go there to chat. Just to spoil ourselves with food. :)

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Yep fun place to go and food worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

For Dutch standards they serve good steak, funny how little the staff knows about meats.
Service average, could and should be better, however very friendly, especially the host.
Try the steak with liver, very good, skip the shrimpkroket. Hamburger good, not great.
Wine choice could be better
Bar lounge nice atmosphere and good place to wait for your table, the terrace great to be with nice weather, the terrace close to the river does not have a lot places with shade.
Fun place to bring friends, for business can be noisy but I did and we had a great time.
A good vibe.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lives up to the reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Everyone has heard of Loetjes for the fantastic steak. So on my visit of course I ordered the steak... I can confirm that it is indeed delicious! The location is perfect. The service was great, friendly and quick. The atmosphere was pleasant. It was quite busy so I would highly recommend making a reservation if possible?
Unfortunately someone I was with had to send there steak back several times as it was to well done, then came cold in the middle. But once arrived for the 4th time it was perfect. And as a plus removed from the bill.
Dessert was nice. I will be returning to Loetje with my steak loving husband.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“The perfect steak, perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice. This week I had the XL Fillet, Bali. The finest steak, so amazingly cooked, coated in Chilli sauce. Not fiery, not a building burn but a perfect warm feeling. The fries were on the side, but I couldn't stop eating my steak. The place was so crowded, a great vibe. They recently moved to this premise from a smaller location around the corner. You cant really book, turn up, queue but every mouthful was worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thornbury, Canada
“Steak to remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

May 8, 21014
After visiting the Netherlands, having a last dinner with family, Loetje came up as a target. Not that any of us had been there before, just word of mouth. Glad we tried it out. Nice new location.
Just fantastic steak! Good, but a little slow service, but it was very busy. Since reservations are only taken for groups of 6 or more, the 4 of us had to wait for 20 mins at the bar. All good like I remember having it, when I grew up in The Netherlands.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere