“Lives up to the reputation” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lives up to the reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Everyone has heard of Loetjes for the fantastic steak. So on my visit of course I ordered the steak... I can confirm that it is indeed delicious! The location is perfect. The service was great, friendly and quick. The atmosphere was pleasant. It was quite busy so I would highly recommend making a reservation if possible?
Unfortunately someone I was with had to send there steak back several times as it was to well done, then came cold in the middle. But once arrived for the 4th time it was perfect. And as a plus removed from the bill.
Dessert was nice. I will be returning to Loetje with my steak loving husband.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Swansea, United Kingdom
“The perfect steak, perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice. This week I had the XL Fillet, Bali. The finest steak, so amazingly cooked, coated in Chilli sauce. Not fiery, not a building burn but a perfect warm feeling. The fries were on the side, but I couldn't stop eating my steak. The place was so crowded, a great vibe. They recently moved to this premise from a smaller location around the corner. You cant really book, turn up, queue but every mouthful was worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thornbury, Canada
“Steak to remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

May 8, 21014
After visiting the Netherlands, having a last dinner with family, Loetje came up as a target. Not that any of us had been there before, just word of mouth. Glad we tried it out. Nice new location.
Just fantastic steak! Good, but a little slow service, but it was very busy. Since reservations are only taken for groups of 6 or more, the 4 of us had to wait for 20 mins at the bar. All good like I remember having it, when I grew up in The Netherlands.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice move”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I like the new location. Very spacious, bright, and good interior design. Food quality is always good here, and reasonably priced. Service was fine but swift. This place is busy so don't expect personal service, just short and sweet but without attitude. That amounts to service utopia anyway for anywhere in the Amsterdam vicinity (service generally in or around Amsterdam is notoriously bad). Plus, they have their own car park now which makes this place even more appealing. For sure I'll be back.

Visited May 2014
Uithoorn, The Netherlands
“A change is not always an improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Loetje moved 100 meters down the river to a new place with a modern interior and some more space. I think Loetje is losing it. We loved Loetje simply for its down-to-earth-ness, simplicity and reasonable prices. Today, it seems they are going UP-market and changing their approach dramatically. The food is fine, the place is posher than it was and the staff is good but it lost something 'normal' on the way.
PS: there was a bad smell in the place due to some malfunctioning plumbing, but I expect they fixed that by now. It was not very nice so we left after the appetizer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere