“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Landgraaf
Baltimore
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My cousin booked his wedding reception here, and I was SO impressed. We arrived in the afternoon to beer, wine & champagne in the courtyard while everyone took time to check in and get settled. Staff was constantly circulating among the guests with full trays of drinks and taking orders for more. The reception was fabulous - top notch food, continued excellent service, and beautiful room. I finally settled in to sleep in a comfortable room with a nice view of the courtyard. All the rooms seemed to be different - my mom's had a small patio, other rooms were two stories, some bathrooms had tubs, others just shower stalls. The several rooms I saw were all up to date and nicely furnished. Breakfast the next morning was also lovely, again with great service. Great service, too, from the desk staff. I can't say enough about what a pleasant stay this was!

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed to be different; many had two floors with large sitting areas.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family (five adults, one baby) stayed at the Winselor Hof for one night, predominantly to enjoy the fabulous food at its Italian-inspired restaurant Pirandello. Winselor Hof oozes history and is surrounded by green, proprietor Camille Oostwegel has done an excellent job in fixing this place up which we understand was close to ruin in the 1980s. We stayed in a small cottage, the properties' former baking house, which was just lovely with two bedrooms and bathrooms (one of which even has a sauna) and a small kitchen. The cottage was surrounded by beautiful trees and they had just started their own vineyard, which you could enjoy from your own terrace. Pirandello did not disappoint. I had dinner there ten years ago, which was lovely, but I think the place has been renovated which gives it a much more stylish vibe. Chef Raoul Govaerts served a fantastic seasonal degustation menu which was accompanied with some great wines. I think were were one of the first to arrive and certainly the last to leave - we had a great evening. Breakfast was great too with a lot of locally sourced produce, which I am always a fan of. After breakfast we went to Rolduc, another regional historical gem with a beautiful church. All in all, a lovely weekend, we will come back again.

Room Tip: If there are a few of you, ask for the cottage.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
The Hague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

...But I was staying alone and for business. I booked it based on TripAdvisor reviews, and I wasn't disappointed. I hadn't realized how far south it was and how long it took to get anywhere else (I needed to be in Limburg and Noord Brabant).

First off, no elevator. And there are steep stairs just to get to reception. My room was in the attic, up two flights of stairs, and under the eaves. I had to ask for someone else to carry my things up. I was worried it would be stifling, but I slept with the tiny window open, there was a fan in the room, and I was fine. The room was sweet, spacious enough, well-appointed, and the bathroom was spiffy. Very new and modern, which was a surprise because everything about the hotel feels old---in a good way. It's charming.

The staff was very concerned that I might be disturbed by a wedding party on my first night there, but I heard nothing. I was impressed with how solicitous they were about my having problems with noise.

I really liked the breakfast buffet. Not that there was anything extraordinary about it, but it was delicious, well-presented, and the staff were polite and friendly. Good cappuccinos and fresh squeezed orange juice. I had room service in my room for dinner and it was very good.

Room Tip: Without an elevator (and limited staff for carrying luggage), I would ask to be put on a lower floor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was a surprise trip organised by the family to celebrate my 70th birthday. The hotel was a revelation as on the map it is close to an industry estate but in fact lies in a hollow surrounded by trees and you would think you were isolated in the countryside. Entrance through an archway opens into a large courtyard laid out with comfortable garden furniture. The hotel rooms were an eclectic mix of converted sheds and cow stalls, decorated in a mixture of tastes, ours was painted a rather dark blue which made it essential to have the lights on at all times. The restaurant was excellent, they had booked an all inclusive package which included welcoming drinks and a four course meal in the main restaurant. This was of a very high standard, each course accompanied by an explanation by the waiter of the contents. Service was slow but steady, time to digest between courses, we started at 6.45 and finished at 10.30 but the time did not seem to drag and each course was a delight. As this was only a one night stay we did little more than stroll around the immediate grounds and through the woods. Next day we visited Valkenburg but that is another story.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms can be noisy if the courtyard is busy during the summer evenings.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We recently visited this hotel on the way back to the Netherlands from a holiday in Germany. It is not cheap by any means, but it is a little oasis of calm on the edge of Heerlen. We booked a Junior Suite and were delighted to find that we could also book one with its very own infra-red sauna. Situated in a separate house (it adjoined a whole cottage that was a Senior Suite) we even had our own terras and tables and chairs. In the evening we ate at the newly refurbished Italian Pirandello Restaurant and had a wonderful (if rather expensive) meal on the balcony. Breakfast the next morning was also available on the balcony and comprised of a very good buffet. The atmosphere of the hotel is lovely.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite with its own infra-red sauna does not incur any extra charges. You just have to as...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Excellent room, staff top dollar and the food was wonderful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
the netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Last weekend we booked a little weekend trip to the south of the Netherlands. We planned our stay at the Winselerhof, which is part of the Camille Oostvlegel hotels (so is Chateau Neercanne, Kruisherenhof etc.).

The goal of our stay was to relax in a rural area, while being able to enjoy a pleasant hotel room, great food and a variety of outdoor activities.
All these goals were met as the location is perfect for short outdoor walks, there's plenty of activities in the area (the beautiful Gaia zoo, the mondo verde park etc.) and the food in the hotel is fantastic. We tried both the bistro as well as the main restaurant and the food was excellent in both places.
In the main restaurant they offer a 'prestige wine pairing' as an alternative to the normal wine pairing for the chef menu and I can certainly recommend that. I've tasted many wines in my life and plenty of italian ones, but this pairing managed to show me quite some new and interesting wines. They were sublime in taste and diversity.

The only thing they could really improve on is the breakfast. It's still quite nice, but it could use a little more variety. Also - the prosecco they serve at breakfast is unfortunately - awful.

For the rest - excellent stay and excellent service.

Room Tip: Ask for the 'maisonette' type rooms. They have a huge variety of rooms and some are definite...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Winselerhof? Share your experiences!