“Good location - poor rooms” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Anker

Hotel Anker
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Romanshorn
Hotel Anker
Neustrasse 6, Romanshorn 8590, Switzerland   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Romanshorn B&B and Inns
Winterthur, Switzerland
“Good location - poor rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

The location is very good, as it's right next to the harbour, also the breakfast was delicious and u get lots of scrummy croissants etc. However, this is it.

Bad first impression - no parking spaces left, so I had to go inside in the rain and then outside again to repark the car.
It really smells inside of stale wee...........very nice - NOT!
The rooms are VERY dated and not spotlessly clean. Didn't have a shower as I just couldn't be bothered to even look at it. The shower curtain is sooo old too.........! Too expensive for what u get! Only good if u go on a boat trip and don't wanna go home afterwards. Otherwise - go home or choose a different hotel. Payment - only cash! No cards accepted.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

This hotel was one of the worst I stayed in during a four week visit to Switzerland and Germany. I arrived in Romanshorn after a wonderful night in a charming hotel at Staat, near Rorschach, further down Lake Constance.

The Hotel Anker cost the same for vastly inferior accommodation. The hotel is opposite the noisy railway station, not that I can complain about that. But the Anker's value for money was very poor.

My room was tiny and the bathroom so small I could not open the door fully to enter it. It banged on the hand basin. I had to squeeze in and close it from the inside.

Breakfast was one of the worst I had on my holiday. None of the usual cold meats, just bread and jam and a pot of coffee, and a bowl of bruised apples.

When I arrived, I asked the landlord if there was internet access. No, he said, and waved vaguely down the main street to an internet cafe. Twenty minutes later I was back, seeking better directions. The station cafe had Wifi, he said. However, I could not get it to work.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Anker? Share your experiences!