We’ve been about 5 times to the Lenkerhof, definitely one of the best hotels in the Alps. During the previous stays, everything was almost perfect: great location, marvellous rooms, outstanding food and wines, as well as very obliging service – you noticed that the manager and his wife were everywhere and they successfully imposed their sophisticated view of Swiss hospitality.
During our last stay, we noticed a couple of things that have changed: first, the hotel starts to olden a little bit, and some new paint and refurbishing would be a good idea – not only in the rooms, but also in the SPA which is no more the best SPA in the Alps (which it used to be, sometime in the past). Furthermore, the management has changed recently, and you notice this – unfortunately in a negative way. While the service is still very good in the restaurant (and the food even better than in the past), the service at the bar definitely presents room for improvement: unfriendly waiters that sometimes just ignore you, long waiting time and erroneous orders are not what you’d expect at this place. Furthermore, they must have started a programme for margin improvement: wines and alcohols are sometimes absurdly expensive: from a psychological standpoint, I’d prefer paying even more for my room instead of having the impression of being stiffed each time I’m ordering something to drink …
To sum it up: still a very good hotel in the Alps, but no more the best one …
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lenkerhof in Lenk close to Gstaad features a wide range of up-to-date wellness facilities including indoor and outdoor pools, saunas, steam baths and jacuzzis.You can unwind in the open-air sulphur pool, enjoy a massage, bathe in the music tub, or simply indulging in a beauty treatment.Fine à-la-carte Mediterranean or Swiss cuisine with a French touch is served in the restaurant. Combined with the stunning views from the winter garden you will enjoy a great dining experience. Wine tasting is offered from 18:00 to 18:30.The exclusively furnished rooms in the Lenkerhof Alpine Resort provide for a peaceful night's rest. The alcohol-free drinks at the minibar are free of charge.Private indoor parking is subject to a charge. Free parking outdoors is available as well ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Lenkerhof gourmet spa resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lenkerhof Alpine Hotel Lenk-Simmental
- Lenkerhof Gourmet Spa Resort Switzerland/Lenk-Simmental