“Don't be put off - this place is great!” 4 of 5 stars

Apartamentos Europa/Lotus
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/Lluis Companys, 19, 17300 Blanes, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Blanes
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Don't be put off - this place is great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Having read the reviews after my husband & I had booked our recent holiday from 25 April - 2 May 2012, I too was concerned, but considering we'd paid £172.00 each for the week, including flights, tranfers & accommodation via lowcost holidays, I wasn't expecting too much. We were both very happy with our week stay. We arrived about 10.30pm, both reception and bar (serving much needed food) were both opened with friendly staff and decent pub grub. Our room was spotless, very well equipted and included everything we needed. The beach was a 5 min easy walk with and good local bars, nightclubs (if required), restaurants and supermarkets nearby - all you really need for a self catering holdiay. We were amazed that no noise from the nightclubs could be heared, given how close they were and the only thing that will keep you awake may be noisey holidaymakers, but you can't judge the proper on that. We loved it as a leisurely stoll took you into the main busier old town and walking along the main beach was such a pleasure. Alot of apartments seem to be privately owned by Spainish families. These apartments are for all ages and should not be missed if you want a budget holiday without any horrors. A Scottish girl on reception was excellent (sorry, I didn't get her name) who was well informed with local information, but all the staff including the maids, had very good English and all very pleasant. I would strongly recommend these apartments to anyone who wants a good clean location at very reasonable prices. Budget does not always mean poor and this property is an excellent example of how a low cost holiday can pay off. Book it - you will not be dissappointed,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lincs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I am going to put the important stuff first.
On check in, we had to pay a 50 euro deposit, this was never mentioned when booking our holiday. The deposit had to be in cash, they would not except card. We had a really early depature ,3.50 am, and WE DID GET THE DEPOSIT BACK.
I am only writing this as I think if you are on a budget, an unexpected 50 euro deposit could be important.
Now the nice stuff, a nice spacious apartment, 2 bedroom, bathroom, living room and a fully equipped kitchenette. Very friendley, helpful staff. I would go back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
derby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We are just back we stayed 25th april till 2nd may.We read all reviews and was a little worried..... what a shock. this place was spotless and im a fussy sod i check mattresses and behind toilets. beds were comfy and hot water whatever time we showered. Appts were basic but lacked nothing. we was prior season so all wasnt up and running as in entertainment programe but had it at weekends, lots of mixed nationalalits but never a problem or grumble always polite nodding. bus station close by, and very frequent to nearby lorret , i must point out vicky in reception was as helpful as can be, and any questions was dealt with straight away. if i had to say negatives it would be a purely for the sake of it as we had nothing to grumble about, its a very cheap hol for what you pay, and maybe they could heat the pool, towel change is once a week, but again just ask at reception if you need them. id be happy to answer any questions, it was quiet holiday but all the excitement was easy reached, water world, go karting gnomes park barcelona boat trip beaches, altho lorret has evrything, but is shingle so take shoes, would i go again , yes defo but sadly it was all booked up for this summer for us to return with two children and im not surprised.

Room Tip: ask for pool facing, just to get the fulll sun hours.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

we arrived quite late but reception was manned. Excelent one bedroom apartment overlooking the pool. Clean, comfortable and spacious. Only a few minutes to the beach. Easy access to all of Blanes and close to the bus station which runs a service to the train station for Barcelona. Lovely flat area with many bars and restaurants. Bar Stadium next door to the complex were very good for snacks.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
cardiff south wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011 via mobile

My 13 year old daughter and I arrived on a Saturday lunchtime, the rooms were clean and spacious and the kitchenette was fully equipped and everything worked.
I was happy with my cheap holiday.
However I had a room that was above the nightclub and I wasn't pre-warned about the noise I might experience and believe me it was noise! Not the nightclub music but the locals screaming and shouting and cars parked below us blasting music, I didn't sleep a wink the 1st night.
We had our breakfast each day at k.d's which is just outside the hotel and the people there (Richard and Terry , if I remember rightly) were true gents and went out of they're way to please, very friendly and great breakfasts at very reasonable prices.
They told me the nightclub is only open on Saturday's as it was out of season but during season time it's open every night till 6am! I'm so glad I went in September!
The next few days were quiet and spent around the pool which was nice and clean with plenty of beds, the pool bar was reasonable.
The beach is a 5 minute walk and was nice and clean and every Monday morning there is a Market.
I highly recommend the Texas ranch steakhouse by the beach,lovely food and very good value, the best food of our stay without a doubt.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to family and friends but only out of season and I would go back as long as I had a room that was away from the nightclub.
Weather was fab! 30 degrees everyday

• Stayed September 2011
Southport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Me, my husband and our 3 children stayed here for a week in August 2011. We arrived at lunchtime and could not get to sit around the pool, as all the sun-loungers were reserved with towels, although no occupants. This was the set up everyday, and holiday makers were placing sun loungers and towels from 8.30am to guarantee one. The apartments were basic. We required an extra bed for our third child in the living area, and there were no covers on the bed/settee, or spare sheets. I asked the cleaners who were around, they did not speak English and eventually bought a cover for the mattress on the 2nd day. There was no air con, but it was impossible to leave windows open during the evening as it was so rowdy and noisy outside. The apartments seemed to be full of dutch teenagers who spent their days dive bombing into the pool and their evenings drinking and shouting on their balconies. This went on until 3/4am the next morning. There are no cleaners, so our bedding was not changed for the duration, or our towels. I would not revisit or recommend the apartments, and the area of Blanes did not have much to offer apart from a nearby water park called Marine World, which was a great day out and a welcome escape from the apartments for us all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Huge apartment - good facilities - brilliant shower - reception staff really helpful - lovely pool. View from room not great but preferable to overlooking the disco - Shamrock Bar - brilliant breakfast and fab for watching the footie - Bar Stadium good as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Apartamentos Europa/Lotus? Share your experiences!