“Solido” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 130 Restaurants in Blanes
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Little family restaurant of just 22 seats, managed by an italian Sommelier and a spanish Chef. They offer local seasonal products prepared with traditional recipes from Catalonia, Basque country and Italy, with a contemporary and light take. Little but interesting wine list.
Barcelona
“Solido”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food is fantastic, of that there can be no doubt, tip my hat to the chef & all that. the only thing that stuck in my craw was the lunchtime menu, you can only have it if the whole table is having it..made no sense as there were 3 of us out 5 wanting it...thus if we went to sit on another seperate table we would qualify for it? that plus several of the options on the normal menu were not available- suprising for saturday lunchtime.

but all that aside very good food, would expect to pay more etc.

• Visited August 2012

Barcelona
“great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Quiet place, low music, superb food, attentive service, importance to every detail... What else could one ever ask for?

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent value lunch set menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011 via mobile

We recently took a day trip from Barcelona to Blanes by train and went to this restaurant on the recommendations from this site.

There was a limited menu but for €12 the 3 course set menu lunch was brilliant. We both had the tomato pesto pasta for entree which was simple but delicious. We followed that with Spinach risotto for me and baked swordfish with olive tapenade and tomato salsa for my gf. Again both simple but excellent.

For dessert we got panna cotta. A beer for me and half bottle of rosé for the gf was included.

The staff were very helpful and the decor is very cute although unlike most other places in Blanes there is no view. It seemed to be very popular with local business types.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

New York City, New York
“You won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

This little place was quite possibly my favorite restaurant on my travels through Spain. I did the American thing and got the hamburger ( I know I know, but trust me I only got it because was so surprised to see it) and my wife got the lamb. First I must say that I felt like I ate the hamburger for the first time, the meat was like butter. The lamb was as exquisite, tender and delicious. The hostess also the wife of the chef speaks english very well which was nice since my spanish is terrible. She is a sommelier and paired the wines with our meals, I just have to say it was a wonderful experience.

New York City, New York
“Fantastic: the best meals I've had in Spain.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

The food was amazing. I started with the beef carpaccio, my god I have never had meat like it! Really, in the states we just don't get product like they do. The beef was like butter, but the taste was something else really amazing. My wife had a salad to start and was very pleased.

So after this Beef carpaccio I wanted more meat so to my delight I found a Hamburger on the menu and my wife took the Lamb. To me it's interesting to see the interpretations of food in different countries, this Spanish Hamburger is by far the best I've ever had. I live in NYC and I've eaten every hamburger from the Bistro Burger to the Shack Burgers I've even had the In and Out burger in LA, this El Celler Burger is the best. I don't know if it's the quality of the meat or how they mix it but it was phenomenal and once again tender. I had a bite of my wife's lamb as well - I wanted to eat everything the lamb was amazing. Again very tender and the flavor of it was like I was eating lamb for the first time! Incredible.

The restaurant is beautiful, very minimal but cozy and comfortable. It's run by a husband and wife team. The husband is the chef and the wife (our host) whom speaks english very well is also the sommelier.

Also the host explained to me that food is all organic and bought locally so the menu changes with the season.

Very charming restaurant with nice people and good food. You won't be disappointed.