“Stop over hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of L'Hotelet

You added L'Hotelet to your Saves list
L'Hotelet
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Autovia del Mediterraneo A7 km. 1148, 43850 Cambrils, Spain   |
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Cambrils
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Stop over hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Booked this for our final leg of our drive to Costa Blanca. The hotel was comfortable, but the bed was a bit narrow for a double. But the staff were all friendly and helpful. They do an evening set menu in the restaurant for 10 euros, but unfortunately we were tired from our drive down and it wasn't served till 8.30, so at 7.30 we just had a sandwich and chips, which was good. The hotel is very busy with locals and workmen stopping for drinks and meals. We chose this hotel because of the location and that it takes dogs.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst on the way to the Pyrenees for a few days whilst on a touring holiday and needed a one night stopover. From the outside the hotel is a bit olde world Spanish in it's appearance but overall clean 'ish.
On a down side, if you check in after the reception area has closed then virtually no English is spoken which made it very difficult to sort out a room or order dinner. The room was ok but the bathroom was small and the shower although worked, the way it was set up flooded the floor a couple of times.
The dinner we had was ok but nothing special and as we wanted to get away sharpish in the morning we did not stop for the breakfast which looked OK.
If you are just looking for a room for the night on the on the main French / Spanish motorway although you will have to come of it to get to the hotel. If you are looking for a few nights away but don't have a car, then I don't think this is the place to stay.
If I was in the area again and just needed a room for the night then I might stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Drove 5 hours from Orange in france to Cambrils. Hotel is just off the A7 (not the AP7, so beware) This is a really nice hotel, bit olde worlde spanish type. Parking is easy, though not `secure` Room is very nice and clean, even though the main road is next door, no noise. There is a restaurant and bar downstairs, but we only booked breakfast as we had stopped at the Medas just past Barcelona and had a very nice meal. Dog enjoyed his walk around the rear of the hotel where he met a local friend. Only small gripe is the bed is a little hard. All in all not a bad stopover, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

So sad to read bad reviews from folk who really did not do their homework when planning their trips. [I'm sorry several had a miserable time but really, they should hold themselves accountable; they are at fault - not this hotel.]
The good features I found are the very criticisms they make. "It is the motorway services", [Sunshine 394] - that is a hotel boast and just what I wanted for a one night stop. It's address is "Autovia del Mediterraneo A7" - that tells you exactly what to expect. It was "in the middle of nowhere" [Ben S], TRUE so it was very quiet on the north side where the bedrooms are so a good night's sleep is guaranteed.
It is not a holiday hotel which was obvious to me - that is why I picked it!
We were a party of 3 and this hotel offers triple rooms - far cheaper than a double and a single.
The receptionist spoke good English and was most helpful.
The 'Menu-of-the-day' was as good as the chain restaurants in the UK and at 10 Euros, good value for money. The waiter was first rate; he knew what to do and when catering for many tables while we all watched football on the mega TV [Barca vs. PSG incl. Mr Beckham]
Breakfast was included - simple but ok too - [continental] coffee, fruit juice and pastry.
I did my homework, searched for a motorway hotel, checked this one on Google Earth, saw it was fairly remote, understood what it offered and hence was not at all disappointed. In fact I was so satisfied with it on my journey south that I rebooked for my return journey a week later! In between I had a very satisfactory beach holiday - at a seaside resort!!!
I was polite to all members of staff and they responded in an equally polite manner. I do not understand why they [allegedly] chose not to be polite to Yogibear080. Was it something you said?
My main criticism is the quality of the Wi-Fi signal. I intend to rebook on my next trip in the autumn and trust the hotel will have resolved the issues with their 'free Wi-Fi'.

Room Tip: I have no knowledge of rooms other than those on the north side. As would be expected, they are qui...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Wigan, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Staying here is not like staying at the motorway services - IT IS THE MOTORWAY SERVICES! It's out in the middle of nowhere and would be impossible to walk anywhere from here. With the additional money that we spent hiring a car and the cost of parking in Cambrils, we could have stayed in a nice hotel in the resort centre. The rooms are very basic but are clean and have air con. The staff speak very little English and even though my partner speaks a little Spanish, we found it difficult to make ourselves understood a lot of the time. The pool looks nice but seemed to be salt water and there are no sunbeds - just lots of plastic chairs. The buffet breakfast wasn't bad (especially if you like donuts!). On the positive side - Portaventura is only a 10 minute drive away and we had a great day out there. We definitely wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hotel itself is functional clean and average, rooms are nice beds comfy and nice enough restaurant downstairs. The pool is a glorified paddling pool with no sun loungers it's not great!

The major problem is the location of this hotel it's on the side of a motorway in the middle of no where with nothing to do. It's completely unsafe to walk out of the hotel grounds with the only convenience being a garage nearby. You definitely need a hire car if you are having a holiday here don't even bother about getting an airport transfer just hire a car straight away as the nearest hire place is the airport (reus).

This definitely is not a place for tourists and is more of a stop over for long journeys etc, for that purpose this place is fine. I describe this as a Spanish travel lodge as yes it's clean and nice enough but you wouldn't go for a nice week away in it...

We have learnt that if you want a nice holiday save up and get a package holiday with some of the big people and you have confidence that at the bare minimum it will be a tourist destination with things to do in the area which this hotel is just not!

Room Tip: Book with the big brands not the cheap last minute holidays websites!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Oh my god what a horrible place! It's €20 each way in a taxi to salou and is on a motorway so no bus service. Jose the barman and Cristina the receptionist where the only nice members of staff in this sleazy looking dive of a place. Booked it as I figured cheap and cheerful but my god I regret it. We are treated terribly here by the non English speaking staff which is all apart from 1. There are always shifty looking characters going in and out of the hotel and the police have been in a few times over issues. I am here with my girlfriend and we are quiet people. The staff are just ignorant and I don't think my sheets have been changed since I arrived a week ago. The pool is tiny and again beside a motorway with no changing facilities. We arrived to a miserable woman who tried to rip us off by charging us again after I paid online. We where made wait three hours for our room to be ready and when we got in we noticed water in the bathroom. I could go on about this place all day as there is a lot more wrong with it like the food etc but I'll end with this. PLEASE FOR YOU'RE OWN SAKE DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE! You will regret it so much. If you're on a budget wait til you have that few quid extra seriously. If this review stops two people from booking I'll be happy and so will those two people. Thanks

• Stayed July 2012

Been to L'Hotelet? Share your experiences!