“Cheerful and inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Calella
Ireland
“Cheerful and inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just back from a week's holiday, half-board, at this hotel. It is at far end of the town but within walking distance of the beach and main shops. There is a safe and convenient underpass beneath the main road to get to be beach. Parking outside the hotel is free from the 15th Sept to 15th June. The hotel has its own car park but this is very expensive. The rooms are basic but adequate, although the air condition is effective. Towels have seen better days but are changed daily. Good comfortable beds, with strong mattress. Nightly entertainment was fine. Great choice of buffet food (but not for vegetarians) - Fresh fruit, salads, pastas as well as freshly cooked meats which chefs will prepare to your requirements. Breakfasts were similarly presented and very tasty. At this time of year (September) the queues for coffee machines, orange juice etc. were small and manageable. Most guests seem to be eastern european and the few english people we met seemed to enjoy the hotel, entertainment and food. They recommended visiting Barcelona by train, as it is only a short ride away. So the location is good for a beach holiday as well as a sight-seeing holiday, and having a car would not be an essential requirement. The cost of our stay was not expensive, so in terms of value for money and what we got, it was a very good hotel and on this basis I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel do not get the sun after 2.00, and the rooms at the rear have aftern...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Serhs Oasis Park, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Customer

We appreciate your comments and we are pleased that we were able to meet their expectations in different aspects such as the friendliness of the staff, food, and other things you mention.

We hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Hotel Serhs Oasis Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

me and my partner stayed here 21 to the 28 sept weather was perfect. hotel was fine, good for a 3 star. we did move rooms an extra 5 euro per night because of the dogs barking, my partner complained but I didn't notice. staff were all nice,food and drink were fine. nice relaxing holiday

Room Tip: room at the front
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer

We hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

There are only two things that are good about this hotel leaving it and not getting food poisoning.
its the worst hotel I have ever been in, it was like living in a water works and a dog compound and communial living all at once.
The walls are so paper thin that you could here everything that includes going to the toilet, there is a big void that runs throughout the hotel which hides the sewage pipes so everytime someone used the bathroom you had the rush of water.To my surprise when I opened the louvre window what is in the bathroom I could see straight into the next bathroom hence I had to keep the shower curtain closed whilst the steam drifted away.
The food was very bland boring and tasteless, and the peace de resistance was when they changed the sheets on my bed they wrapped my PJ's with them which took me two days to get back and no help from the most serly miserable receptionists I have ever come across and whose lack of knowledge of the hotel they worked in was truly unbelievable. if it was not for the help of the only member of staff that was truly helpful I doubt I would have got them back a. All the receptionists could say was may be tomorrow and what's your problem,this was very stressfull to me when all I wanted was a relaxing holiday after a long illness.
I eventually moved rooms because I could not stand the 24hrs consistant howling of the dogs in a property right next to the hotel which they knew about and they call this the quiet side of the hotel.Forget this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
First we want to communicate to Miss Torrens our apology if the service / care provided was not up to your expectations especially in reference to the issues you provided in your letter of complaint. In order to give you an answer and give our explanation of the facts, proceed first with the issue of pajamas As you indicated in your claim, turned that one day stay in the clothes from the room and cleaning our girls to not see it and take all the laundry, it turned out that was sent to wash clothes with the rest of the room. This if, as we arrived we found that was returned. Here we would like to comment on the issue than a hotel with about 200 rooms , produces and sends lots of dirty clothes to the laundry daily , which could make it hard to find , but in the end it was the important issue is that no pajamas was lost and was recovered and returned to the client .

As for the other issues we discussed own the hotel, as are the rooms, bathrooms, walls,... we want to tell Miss Torrens our disagreement to what he says as the hotel is renovated , even this year 2013 carried out improvement works and rehabilitation of 50 rooms.

On the subject of staff and our Director, we reiterate our apologies if you ever were not all the helpful they should, everything and not give us the impression that many other customers. Anyway, at this point we want to indicate that we have performed several actions to improve.

Finally, the topic of dogs, just tell it as we proceeded to make the room change, as this depends on our availability.

Also we appreciate your opinion and so we always try to constantly improve our product and correct errors.

Sinceraly

cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked this place last minute. I got an absolute bargin. I took enough money to have all meals out if need be.

I ended up eating every meal at the hotel. The choice was fantastic.fresh salda, veg, fruit were plentiful. There was always pasta ans rice. a fresh fish option, and three choices of meat.Everyone I spoke to liked the food. To those complaining on here, please enlighten us on what you eat at home.The snacks were freshly cooked(burgers, hot dogs, chips)

The hotel is immaculate. The three pools are all very clean and there are ample sun loungers. The terraces get the sun all day. My room had modern furnishings with a plasma tv(you could get ITV and BBC news). The bathroom was dated but very clean.

The bar staff were very friendly. They smiled and had a joke and were very efficient..

Sleep quality was a problem due to the person above me constantly moving furniture or walking around in heels.

Room Tip: get a room over looking the pool, on a higher floor as it tends to be quieter at night.( yiu can'...
Dear Customer

We welcome your comments about our Hotel. The truth is that we like to read that we were able to provide a good stay at our hotel to all family members.

Also thank you for your recommendation. Hope to see you soon new

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Not sure the bad reviewers were staying at the same hotel as me last week. but, as far as we are concerned, we had a great stay. Considering that it was end of season, the food, entertainment and care made by the hotel was excellent. There was more food and choice than anyone could have wished for and every lunch and evening meal, a Chef was out front cooking fresh food. Always two or three different meats, as well as a pasta dishes, lots of vegetables and plenty of fresh and interesting salads. Along with a wide choice of puddings, ice-cream and fresh fruit. How anyone couldn't find something to eat is beyond me and all I can say is that they must be very fussy eaters. The restaurant staff were excellent, tables cleared and relaid. The drinks waiter always looking out and checking everyone had a drink, and the chefs constantly refilling the food trays. All the staff had ready smiles and where very helpful, especially the young receptionist.
The rooms were basic but clean and fresh towels supplied every day. The bathrooms could do with a upgrade but the showers were good and again cleaned every day. As with many hotels and the current financial problems Spain is experiencing, things are a little worn, but look past that.
There was a problem with dogs at the back of the hotel, but not enough to complain about. Although I do think the hotel should sort this out, as it is not a good advert for them.
The Hotel entertainment staff worked their socks off and at the end of the season this was a thankless job, but they were always there with a smile on their faces and did a good job and there was something different on every night.
Yes a large group of teenagers did arrive towards the end of the week, but we didn't have a problem with them, in-fact I thought that they were only there for one night, but obviously I was mistaken. The only signs of them was that the dining room seemed to have had a bomb hit it in the morning, so they must have been up and out early. But the staff soon cleared up and it wasn't a problem. They were never around in the evening and never anywhere near the bar or pools.
The Hotel was in a good position, not too near the town bars but just a nice walking distance to walk your dinner off and get back for the entertainment. Beach good. Easy access to trains running along the coast to Barcelona and other resorts. Not a bad price and much easier than hiring a car. Buy your tickets at the machines, quicker than queuing and always someone to help you.
The boat trip along the coast is also good, but expensive... but worth visiting Tossa de Mar, a lovely resort that feels like Spain. Either go by train, bus and boat or just by boat (but boat takes two hours) not much in the price.
There was a Fiesta on in the town on our last night and we really enjoyed it, plenty of dancing, singing, floats and fireworks, with a free glass of cava to finish.
Calella itself has a little character, more so than most of the resorts and is a good touring centre. Shame that the all inclusive is affecting the resorts, but all in all it was a good holiday and would recommend the hotel, but maybe not in high season.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor (five or above) Find out about an upgrade as these rooms have bett...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Serhs Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Customer

We are very pleased to have had a good time in our hotel and we were able to enjoy their time with us.

See you again next year

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for a week all inclusive, our room was at the back of the hotel so the view was not great but this was the only downside to our stay. The food in the hotel was fantastic was always something for everyone and it was constantly filled up throughout the meal times. We went out on a day trip to a water park and were able to order a packed lunch to take with us because we would miss lunch at the hotel, which was a good option to have. The staff at the hotel were fantastic, including the entertainment team and maids who cleaned the rooms everyday. We paid 5 euro to use the sauna and jacuzzi at the hotel and it was a fantastic facility. Overall for a 3 star hotel it exceded expectations and its location was perfect. Calella is a beautiful place and it was a pleasure to stay at oasis park. Would definately reccomend :) !!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Customer

We appreciate your favorable comments about our hotel. The truth that we always want to improve and try to make customers feel at home during their leisure periods.
Thank you very much and hope to see you soon at our hotel Calella.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel, but just one of my many stays at 3 star hotels in various places, and I have to say, Oasis Park made a very good impression comparing to other hotels I visited, but it may not appeal to everyone. Here are the facts. The hotel is BIG and rooms are spread out across 7 floors. It is situated in the quiet area of the town, but approx. 5 mins walk to Calella's lively city centre and the same distance to the beach. Rooms are standard for what you typically get in a 3 star hotel, basic but comfortable and clean. I would say my room was above the standard I have seen in other hotels of this rating. The bedding was changed daily and the room was also cleaned every day. Even when I told the maids my room didn't need cleaning, they would politely agree and then sneak in when I was out for a meal to give it a good scrub. If you are interested in watching TV while on holiday, there are some spanish, russian, polish, german and 2 english channels available. Walls are thin, I have to agree. And just like sb else spotted, some people seem to enjoy moving furniture a lot...I was lucky enough to have very considerate neighbours and never had any issues with noise, but I can imagine it could be a problem if they would be noisy, especially during the night. If you get the room in the rear, then yes, there are dogs there. During my stay, I've heard them on 3 occasions - once at about 10 am and twice in the late afternoon. I am not sure what sets them off, but once they start, it really is at least 20 dogs of various caliber, hauling, barking and making some serious noise, but the good news are, they usually stop after a couple of minutes and they don't do it very often. I didn't find it disturbing but rather amusing.
There are 2 medium size pools by the hotel. One of them is usually shaded and the other, terraced one is more in the sun and appears to be more popular. You shouldn't have a problem with finding free sunbed. But who would like to stay at the pool while there is the Mediterranean Sea 5 minutes away...
As for the food, I only had breakfast at the hotel, and it was very sufficient. Good selection of meat, cheese and bread, various cereals, tomatoes, boiled eggs, fresh and tinned fruit, different croissants and other sweet snacks and cooked breakfast on the top. Everything fresh, tasty and topped up regulary.
The staff, including the reception, were all very polite and helpful.
There is some kind of entertainment every evening. Disco, bingo, musical quiz, spanish dance show and other.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone who holds realistic expectations from a 3 star hotel. Those will not be disappointed. But I would suggest avoiding going during school holidays, as hoards of kids running up and down the corridors could pose some significant disturbance due to thin walls.

Dear customer,

We welcome your comments, as customers come first for us and this encourages us to constantly improve our product and the resulting customer satisfaction.

Hotel Serhs Oasis Park

Been to Hotel Serhs Oasis Park? Share your experiences!