“Cheap last minute break” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Serhs Oasis Park to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Montnegre 54-64, 08370 Calella, Spain   |
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Calella
cardiff
“Cheap last minute break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked this place last minute. I got an absolute bargin. I took enough money to have all meals out if need be.

I ended up eating every meal at the hotel. The choice was fantastic.fresh salda, veg, fruit were plentiful. There was always pasta ans rice. a fresh fish option, and three choices of meat.Everyone I spoke to liked the food. To those complaining on here, please enlighten us on what you eat at home.The snacks were freshly cooked(burgers, hot dogs, chips)

The hotel is immaculate. The three pools are all very clean and there are ample sun loungers. The terraces get the sun all day. My room had modern furnishings with a plasma tv(you could get ITV and BBC news). The bathroom was dated but very clean.

The bar staff were very friendly. They smiled and had a joke and were very efficient..

Sleep quality was a problem due to the person above me constantly moving furniture or walking around in heels.

Room Tip: get a room over looking the pool, on a higher floor as it tends to be quieter at night.( yiu can'...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Serhs Oasis Park, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Customer

We welcome your comments about our Hotel. The truth is that we like to read that we were able to provide a good stay at our hotel to all family members.

Also thank you for your recommendation. Hope to see you soon new

Hotel Serhs Oasis Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Not sure the bad reviewers were staying at the same hotel as me last week. but, as far as we are concerned, we had a great stay. Considering that it was end of season, the food, entertainment and care made by the hotel was excellent. There was more food and choice than anyone could have wished for and every lunch and evening meal, a Chef was out front cooking fresh food. Always two or three different meats, as well as a pasta dishes, lots of vegetables and plenty of fresh and interesting salads. Along with a wide choice of puddings, ice-cream and fresh fruit. How anyone couldn't find something to eat is beyond me and all I can say is that they must be very fussy eaters. The restaurant staff were excellent, tables cleared and relaid. The drinks waiter always looking out and checking everyone had a drink, and the chefs constantly refilling the food trays. All the staff had ready smiles and where very helpful, especially the young receptionist.
The rooms were basic but clean and fresh towels supplied every day. The bathrooms could do with a upgrade but the showers were good and again cleaned every day. As with many hotels and the current financial problems Spain is experiencing, things are a little worn, but look past that.
There was a problem with dogs at the back of the hotel, but not enough to complain about. Although I do think the hotel should sort this out, as it is not a good advert for them.
The Hotel entertainment staff worked their socks off and at the end of the season this was a thankless job, but they were always there with a smile on their faces and did a good job and there was something different on every night.
Yes a large group of teenagers did arrive towards the end of the week, but we didn't have a problem with them, in-fact I thought that they were only there for one night, but obviously I was mistaken. The only signs of them was that the dining room seemed to have had a bomb hit it in the morning, so they must have been up and out early. But the staff soon cleared up and it wasn't a problem. They were never around in the evening and never anywhere near the bar or pools.
The Hotel was in a good position, not too near the town bars but just a nice walking distance to walk your dinner off and get back for the entertainment. Beach good. Easy access to trains running along the coast to Barcelona and other resorts. Not a bad price and much easier than hiring a car. Buy your tickets at the machines, quicker than queuing and always someone to help you.
The boat trip along the coast is also good, but expensive... but worth visiting Tossa de Mar, a lovely resort that feels like Spain. Either go by train, bus and boat or just by boat (but boat takes two hours) not much in the price.
There was a Fiesta on in the town on our last night and we really enjoyed it, plenty of dancing, singing, floats and fireworks, with a free glass of cava to finish.
Calella itself has a little character, more so than most of the resorts and is a good touring centre. Shame that the all inclusive is affecting the resorts, but all in all it was a good holiday and would recommend the hotel, but maybe not in high season.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor (five or above) Find out about an upgrade as these rooms have bett...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Serhs Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Customer

We are very pleased to have had a good time in our hotel and we were able to enjoy their time with us.

See you again next year

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week all inclusive, our room was at the back of the hotel so the view was not great but this was the only downside to our stay. The food in the hotel was fantastic was always something for everyone and it was constantly filled up throughout the meal times. We went out on a day trip to a water park and were able to order a packed lunch to take with us because we would miss lunch at the hotel, which was a good option to have. The staff at the hotel were fantastic, including the entertainment team and maids who cleaned the rooms everyday. We paid 5 euro to use the sauna and jacuzzi at the hotel and it was a fantastic facility. Overall for a 3 star hotel it exceded expectations and its location was perfect. Calella is a beautiful place and it was a pleasure to stay at oasis park. Would definately reccomend :) !!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Customer

We appreciate your favorable comments about our hotel. The truth that we always want to improve and try to make customers feel at home during their leisure periods.
Thank you very much and hope to see you soon at our hotel Calella.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel, but just one of my many stays at 3 star hotels in various places, and I have to say, Oasis Park made a very good impression comparing to other hotels I visited, but it may not appeal to everyone. Here are the facts. The hotel is BIG and rooms are spread out across 7 floors. It is situated in the quiet area of the town, but approx. 5 mins walk to Calella's lively city centre and the same distance to the beach. Rooms are standard for what you typically get in a 3 star hotel, basic but comfortable and clean. I would say my room was above the standard I have seen in other hotels of this rating. The bedding was changed daily and the room was also cleaned every day. Even when I told the maids my room didn't need cleaning, they would politely agree and then sneak in when I was out for a meal to give it a good scrub. If you are interested in watching TV while on holiday, there are some spanish, russian, polish, german and 2 english channels available. Walls are thin, I have to agree. And just like sb else spotted, some people seem to enjoy moving furniture a lot...I was lucky enough to have very considerate neighbours and never had any issues with noise, but I can imagine it could be a problem if they would be noisy, especially during the night. If you get the room in the rear, then yes, there are dogs there. During my stay, I've heard them on 3 occasions - once at about 10 am and twice in the late afternoon. I am not sure what sets them off, but once they start, it really is at least 20 dogs of various caliber, hauling, barking and making some serious noise, but the good news are, they usually stop after a couple of minutes and they don't do it very often. I didn't find it disturbing but rather amusing.
There are 2 medium size pools by the hotel. One of them is usually shaded and the other, terraced one is more in the sun and appears to be more popular. You shouldn't have a problem with finding free sunbed. But who would like to stay at the pool while there is the Mediterranean Sea 5 minutes away...
As for the food, I only had breakfast at the hotel, and it was very sufficient. Good selection of meat, cheese and bread, various cereals, tomatoes, boiled eggs, fresh and tinned fruit, different croissants and other sweet snacks and cooked breakfast on the top. Everything fresh, tasty and topped up regulary.
The staff, including the reception, were all very polite and helpful.
There is some kind of entertainment every evening. Disco, bingo, musical quiz, spanish dance show and other.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone who holds realistic expectations from a 3 star hotel. Those will not be disappointed. But I would suggest avoiding going during school holidays, as hoards of kids running up and down the corridors could pose some significant disturbance due to thin walls.

Dear customer,

We welcome your comments, as customers come first for us and this encourages us to constantly improve our product and the resulting customer satisfaction.

Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

having just returned from a 5 day break this review is fresh in my mind. the hotel itself was clean
and the staff very polite and helpful.i thought the food was plentiful and always found somthing tasty to eat .plenty of fresh fruit and salads and all local wine was very good for a 3star all inclusive.i have 2 LARGE complaints 1 i have never stayed in a beach located hotel where there is no mattress cover for very hard plastic sunbeds around the pool!! plus no towels maybe i have been spoilt with egypt hotels but the hotel down the road had mattresses!!!!!!! when i enquired about this i was told i could purchase a li lo from the supermarket in calella. as i am in my sixties i would have found it impossible to sit around the pool if i had not taken my PILLOWS from my room.2 the noisy teenagers on school trips was unbearable it wasnt so bad during the day as they went out on trips but breakfast time was a nightmare.so to sum up if you are young and are not botherd about if you sleep this hotel would be perfect for you. if on the other hand you are looking for a relaxing and peaceful time dont go here. as i went for a short break to re charge my batteries after a illness i now feel as if i need to recover from my BREAK. would i go back? only if school trips were banned and they had a little more comfort around the pool.

Room Tip: it wont make any difference to noise
Dear Customer

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hotel.

The issue of youth, only we always try to tell them in a plant just for them, as well try to minimize the noise they make, our Director Aside always speak with your guide in order to make clear what are the rules of conduct within the establishment. This really is sometimes difficult to make the case and there may be more noise than normal

newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

just back from this hotel ,19/09/13,stayed inclusive .staff good,bar service good that's when you get used to there card system that is.pools nice my young daughter was never out! paid for pool view extra 35 euro as did read before booking that there was a lot of noise from dogs,and they where right you could hear them most of the day to,when booking they also say free wifi ,but its only free for 30 mins per day,rooms are fine comes with hairdryer and a washing line outside that's handy.hotel is 10mins strole to beach if you walk to right on beach you will come to the nudest bit,was a bit embarrassing with a 6 yearold,lol,the sea in calella isn't very good for children it drops quite suddenly,but we only went the once she preferred the pools.after 3 days 2 bus loads of teenagers arrived that was when the peace was shattered,espec at mealtimes as you can imagine! and now I move on to the food,it was moderate at the least they don't cater for children ,the breakfasts are the worst she ate the beans ,after 3 days they took them off for something else survived on chips! im not a picky person but salad and spagbol for most meals is not good! tip..keep a couple of butters at breakfast as there isn't any at other meals. This would be a great hotel if the food was improved ,but wouldn't come back because of it!

Room Tip: pool view is worth the extra
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Customer

We welcome your comments on our Hotel and services.

I really love to read all the good shows. On the downside of young children, we always try to put in a plant just for them, as well try to minimize the noise they make, our Director Aside always talk to your guide to make clear what are the rules of conduct within the establishment. This really is sometimes difficult to make the case and there may be more noise than normal

Hotel Serhs Sant Jordi
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hi I got back from this hotel on Tuesday 10th September 2013. I could not wait to get home to get some quality sleep. I was on floor 3 at the back off the hotel right above a villa with dog kennel right below. the other property's on the hill all had outside dogs and once 1 started barking it was like the hounds off the baskervilles. So if you have young children or you are a light sleeper leave this hotel alone. I asked to be moved to a front room but was told they where full but they said they would speak to the owners about the dogs so they know they have a problem but nothing changed.
AS for the hotel it was fine all the staff helpful and maid service every day. Just a shame its in the wrong place !!!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a front pool room to hopefully drown out the noise from the dogs at the back.
Dear Customer

We welcome your comments on our Hotel and services

As for what the dog says, is something external to the hotel as we did so, we can only talk to the owners of the property to see or try to do something.

Hope to see you soon new

regards

Hotel Serhs Oasis Park

Been to Hotel Serhs Oasis Park? Share your experiences!