“Definitely the place to be in cadaques” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Aspen, Colorado
“Definitely the place to be in cadaques”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I use to go to cadaques every summer for ages, i can tell that when they opened the last summer, was like a revolution for us. We find the view just breathtaking, the food tastefull and original, and mojitos "perfectos".this year, they have changed the entire wine selection, which is perfect but i feel really sad that they didn't reintroduce the k-naia which was an incredible white wine. To conclude, i warmely recommand that charming place...

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Oslo
“Average food, poor, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I just dropped by to have lunch. They only served a 3 course lunch, but it seemed tempting. A little disappointing it was that they had run out of one out of three main dishes. I asked the waiter to recommend a good dry white wine, but he didn't seem to know a lot about wine, so he just recommended the cheapest they got, but we chose another. When we finally got our warm starters, we hadn't been served anything to drink, neither cutlery, so we had to get hold of the waiter again to get knife and fork, and ask for the drinks. Between the starter and the main course, I asked for a second glass of wine. After a while we got the main dishes, but no wine. I had to ask for it one more time, and I finally got it after we had finished the main dishes. So nothing to drink during the whole main course. 30 minutes after they had removed our plates from the main course, the waiter came back and asked if we wanted to order dessert, which we had allready done. When we re-ordered the same as the first time, he told me that they had run out of it. I told him that he had to fix it. After another 15 minutes of waiting, I was tired of this service, and asked to talk with the manager. I told him that I was a bit disapointed, and gave hime the story. He talked with our waiters, kind of harsh, and told me that they had to pay for our meal. I offered to pay some, and cancel the dessert, but he insisted that the waiters should pay for this bad experience. The place is real nice and fresh, the food average, but the waiters seems unexperienced, and delivers in my mind poor. poor service.

• Visited July 2012