Me and my boyfriend visited Balito Beach last year and were less than impressed. I have stayed in many all inclusive budget hotels, and sorry to say that this one was the worst by far. The hotel should not be allowed to sell an "all inclusive" pacakge. There were usually 3 or 4 dishes a night and the same few were repeated throughout the week. Breakfast was okay, as it was what we expected, but other than that we found ourselves having to eat out a lot. Considering we ahd paid for meals already, we weren't impressed. The bar also stopped serving all inclusive drinks at 9pm! ALL drinks had to be paid for, even just a lemonade to take to bed! In our opinion this was a ridiculous hour and they shot their prices up because they knew people would stay later than 9!
The hotel itself was undergoing refurbishment in some areas. It wasn't a terrible hotel; the rooms were good sized, clean and adequate for what we wanted them for - sleeping and showering. If you wanted to spend more time in your room then this is perhaps not the place to go. The hotel is built in the cliff face and we had a lovely view of the sea from our balcony. For what you pay, the room really can't be complained about.
The location is not the best. The hotel isn't on the beach as it is described. Although I am sure it was once a lovely beach, it is now no more than a stoney waste ground where many locals walk their dogs. Puerto Rico is a 6Euro taxi ride away or a 5 minute bus ride. The bus stop is opposite the hotel so you can get to town pretty easily. You would be mad to walk down the winding main road full of fast Spanish drivers! The resort of Anfi was the opposite way and we stumbled upon it by accident. It was like a dream town and we spent most of our days here. It is a 5 minute walk over the "beach" and round some dangerous looking rocks! But it's well worth it.
Overall, the holiday was what we made of it. We had a lovely time and went on a few trips from Puerto Rico, and just spent the remaining time relaxing. The main let down was the food and the bar. Sold as a self catering holiday, I would recommend this hotel, but it is not what I would class as all inclusive.
- Also Known As:
- Balito Beach Apartments Hotel
- Balito Beach Apartments Hotel Arguineguin
- Balito Beach Grand Canary
- Balito Beach Apartments Arguineguin, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balito Beach Apartments will appeal to couples and families looking for a quiet location from which to explore the area and enjoy a cheap holiday in Gran Canaria. The hotel is in a peaceful hillside position that overlooks a rocky bay and is a 15 minute walk from the beach. Gran Canaria has been awarded the blue flag for 7 of its beaches. The centre of Puerto Rico is just over 2 miles away, with a regular daily bus sevice from the property. The apartments have a swimming pool, and a children`s pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Balito Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.