These apartments are now known as Marina Elite and may be a little past their heyday but they are clean, functional and conveniently located to the towns of Anfi, Patalavaca within walking distance and for a short, inexpensive taxi journey, Arguineguin and Puerto Rico too. It lies on what once was a beach but the pool more than makes up for this (we're more pool people anyway) and the nearby beaches are lovely.
Hotel had a 24 hour reception, supermarket, restaurant, bar and snack/pool bar all on site. All were slightly more expensive than locally, but convenient. We didn't go to the bar as despite being advertised as open 15.00-00.00hrs, it was closed when we visited for pre-dinner drinks at 19.00hrs.
Visit the German bar just as you get to Patalavaca and say "hallo" to the friendly German barman!
Anfi is a timeshare resort so therefore quite expensive, if you keep walking you will soon reach Patalavaca where the prices drop and better value restaurants etc. can be found.
All in all, the hotel was a cheap little getaway and you get what you pay for
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balito Beach Apartments will appeal to couples and families looking for a quiet location from which to explore the area and enjoy a cheap holiday in Gran Canaria. The hotel is in a peaceful hillside position that overlooks a rocky bay and is a 15 minute walk from the beach. Gran Canaria has been awarded the blue flag for 7 of its beaches. The centre of Puerto Rico is just over 2 miles away, with a regular daily bus sevice from the property. The apartments have a swimming pool, and a children`s pool. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Balito Beach Apartments Hotel Arguineguin
- Balito Beach Grand Canary
- Balito Beach Apartments Arguineguin, Gran Canaria